Recommended food processors?

Closed Thread

Recommended food processors?

Can anyone recommend a decent food processor sold in Hong Kong? I loved my basic Cuisinart I had in the states, the one for $100 US on Amazon, but only one store has Cuisinarts in HK, and they want $2800 for a higher model. I don't need anything fancy, just something to make hummus, chop vegetables and grind some meat every so often.

Have you looked at the Philips models? You can frequently get a good price on them at the Philips showroom in Hopewell center (17th floor) or in fortress (Display units..)

I second the Phillips recommendation. I've had one for a few years now and it's the best one I've had.

Yep-Phillips works very well and very easy toget spare parts.

I am foodie and love cooking and my Phillips processor has never failed me.

No problems with the motor or anything? I've had bad problems with phillips dvd players breaking all the time, so I was hesitant to get a food processor by them. But I take it their food processors have stood the test of time and use?

Quote Originally Posted by thromsturmond:
    No problems with the motor or anything? I've had bad problems with phillips dvd players breaking all the time, so I was hesitant to get a food processor by them. But I take it their food processors have stood the test of time and use?
    No problems at all, and like Katanga, mine gets used a lot! But I haven't had any problems with my Phillips dvd players either...

Whatever you do, don't buy Moulinex, I used to have one and it was crap.
    Last edited by ontheroad; 08-06-2008 at 10:57 AM.