Like Tree7Likes

Why don't Hong Kong sellers on eBay ship to Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KateInHongKong:
    Well now I have an answer to my question, thanks for this thread! I tried to buy an item from a supposedly HK ebay seller, asked if I could p/u in person since I'm also here. Shipping was a flat $25US so no need to pay that, I thought. Absolutely not, they said. No sale, I said.
    that's why any supposed hk seller on ebay, I write a message to them and ask if they arrange meet up for the purchase or how much is local postage, they usually confirm their true location mainland china

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    With ebay it's euro 3.20 for the ad and 9%
    sales comm for a euro 100 item.
    Sales commission is 9%, but listing is free if your start price is EUR 1.00

I usually list all my items as EUR 1.00 when I sell something.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Sales commission is 9%, but listing is free if your start price is EUR 1.00

I usually list all my items as EUR 1.00 when I sell something.
    but if your starting bidding price is more than GBP50, inclusive of sale com 9%, equals around 11% in total, never cheap, but it does have millions of bidders

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    but if your starting bidding price is more than GBP50.....
    You are right. But if your item somehow can sell and you are sure you get more then it's best to start at 1.00 - if you have a niche item it's risky though.

And talking about the 9%, your forgot Paypal, which takes another 3-4% from the cake....

I think the real reason is that the sellers on ebay having registered their company in HK use HK for processing payment only.
    When it comes to paying tax they need to prove to Inland Revenue that the business is not controlled in HK nor are any sales made in HK and therefore they are not liable to pay tax locally.

Something along these lines anyway.

HK_Katherine and USA40-40 like this.

I wondered that as well and then I stumbled across the bulk airmail service that HK Post was offering. I'm guessing the companies are based in China, but truck the goods across into HK to mail. They get dirt cheap rates on airmail, but a HK shipment probably messes up their flows.

Try dx.com as an alternative

Your unanswered enquiry might be due to the fact that:
    Seller uses marketing agency for their English content but lack of interaction
    Resources. You can try Taiwan based sellers who might have better communication
    In serving Hong Kong market.

Yahoo auctions seems more popular in Hong Kong.

imparanoic likes this.

Can anyone care to explain how is this possible:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007F9EHTE

My eldest wanted one, so I purchased it and it will deliver from Hong Kong (maybe China) to UK where I will pick it up. I paid for it with Amex and it is free delivery. Total cost to me == 8HKD

How does this seller many any money from this transaction?
    Its not a mistake, there are more than a few sellers selling the same type of crappy stuff for similar prices. By the time you process the credit card, paid fees, paid for postage - how can anyone make money at this?

In total, it cost you 63p? If so, I am at a loss to explain it. I have no idea.