Bangkok tailor?

Closed Thread

Bangkok tailor?

Hi there,

I'm off to Bangkok this weekend and would like to get a jacket copied - can anyone suggest a good tailor who can turn it around in 36 hours?

Thanks
    Kazbo

I really like these guys:
    GM''C STYLE - Professional Gents snd Lady Custom Tailors in Bangkok with sending items worldwide. Gents Custom Tailors, Ladies Custom Tailors, Bespoke suit, Tailor in Bangkok, best tailor Bangkok, Thailand tailors, tailor

Next to Chidlom station. Never been dissapointed with their service, quality and price in the past 5 years. Usually I give them more time, but I did a suit and a couple of shirts within 36 hours a few weeks back. Incl. two fittings. They also deliver to your hotel if there is a need.
    Seems they have also opened a branch in MBK now.

Thanks so much - looks good! Not sure where all these places are so will take a look at the map.

Kazbo

Both places are very central, both are right next to the skytrain. (stop at Siam Square for MBK, at Chidlom for the other one). I have to add that part of why I like this tailor are the guys working at Chidlom. Two Thai guys, relatively young, but they definitely know what they are talking about and can advise you on everything.

This doesn't make sense, Hong Kong has really good and cheap tailors. In fact I had a friend from Bangkok last month come here to buy a suit as it was far cheaper, even buying at G2000.

It's possible that the retail shops are cheaper, but I don't think the tailors are. I went to one of the cheaper tailors in the United Centre to copy a jacket that had only cost me about $600-900 in the UK and they said it would cost me $3000 - and they couldn't even use the same materials...

Mine is Thai Square Fashion on 612-3125-6. Not been to BKK in 3 years, but they should still be around and the suits they've made are still going strong.

What I liked about them was they came to the hotel for the second and third fitting (if required) and that really worked out well for me, due to the traffic problems in BKK.

MrMoo - Hong Kong Tailors are not cheaper than BKK. BKK has decent quality in your low / mid range suits ( < HK$6000 ) which is on par with HK.

thanks guys- i now have a good selection of locations/tailors!

kazbo

thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks for the recommendations - I went to GMC as they were near my hotel and you were right. They were great and much much cheaper than HK. They are also happy to have a point of view which is refreshing whilst still being very polite.
    They turned the work around very quickly so although it was absolutely perfect, this was not surprising given the time.