Like Tree1Likes

Xmas decorations

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Xmas decorations

I have been ordered by 'she who must be obeyed' to get some crimbo decorations.
    Normally I wouldn't bother as I believe in christmas as much as the tooth fairy. We have a few boxes in storage but we (I) also binned a lot of stuff in the big move over here.
    Where is the best place to get this stuff along with lights etc to hang off the balconies? I saw some around Prince Edward but wondering where else that specializes in this sort of stuff.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Do you want cheap? Fuk Wing Street, Jusco $10, Japan Home

Or more expensive? Lane Crawford, various Christmas fairs, loads of places in Horizon Plaza...

Same problem here. My experience being the cheap stuff here is really crappy quality and the better quality is outrageously expensive. So decided to order a bunch of stuff on M&S UK and Amazon UK and have it shipped over.

If you want to kill a day, go here:
    http://shenzhenshopper.com/57-sungan...oy-market.html

I guess I should get one of those 5 day visas to go there.

Seems a lot of bother for stuff that you see for a few weeks a year and then have to find somewhere to store.

Storage not a problem as I have one of those units at a self storage place but would actually prefer a place I can drive up to and park nearby which would put Shenzhen off that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Storage not a problem as I have one of those units at a self storage place but would actually prefer a place I can drive up to and park nearby which would put Shenzhen off that list.
    Translation: Want to keep the wife happy for minimum effort

When I looked around choices are pretty much SSP Fuk Wing Street and that big shop on the corner at the start of Flower Market Road for reasonable price. For more upmarket baubles there is a few places at Horizon in Ap Lei Chau.

Just found this article at Sassy - http://sassymamahk.com/christmas-dec...r-halls-mamas/ Might try a few of the suggestions.
    Trance Omega likes this.

Walked by this shop in Sham Shui Po recently and the outside was covered in Christmas decorations, might have lots of cheap stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    You pay to store Christmas decorations? Then buy the good stuff.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast