Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By hongkong7
  • 1 Post By East_coast
  • 1 Post By East_coast
  • 1 Post By Alice0422

Where to buy jade beads

Closed Thread

Where to buy jade beads

Hi, I'm looking to buy jade and other stone beads to send back to someone in the states who likes to make jewelery. Quantity is far more important than quality -- I'd just like some pretty looking stone beads and maybe one or two more nice pieces.
    Where would be best to look? The jade market?
    I've checked a few little jewelery shops around where I live and they generally give me prices of $600+ for a regular sized strand of beads. I'm looking for something a bit cheaper.
    Any advice would be much appreciated!

Yup jade market for more choice.
    SSP has some stores but they're dotted all over the place, not worth the hassle.

Sham shui po has a jade market all under one roof short walk from nam cheong station : you could try there volume gets you discounts in those places at least

Thanks for the info! Any tips for negotiating or not being scammed by being given a higher price for imitation jade (which is also ok with me to buy, just don't want to get screwed)? Any useful Cantonese phrases to know?

Btw, where is the one near Nam Cheong Station?

Tung Chau Street Jade Market

The Chinese loves jade. For centuries, jade has been highly prized and was carved into a wide range of ornaments and wares. Sham Shui Po is one of the major distributing centres for jade products in the territory. Everyday, over a hundred jade distributors ply their trade in Apliu Street. This has gradually evolved into a feature of Sham Shui Po. With this in mind, the Sham Shui Po District Council proposed setting up a "Sham Shui Po Jade Market" at Block 6 and 7 of the Tung Chau Street Temporary Market. The Sham Shui Po Jade Market, with over a hundred stalls, was opened in 2005 and has become a jade trade hub ever since.

Nam Cheong station exit D as i remember

Last edited by hongkong7; 06-12-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    Elegiaque and East_coast like this.

there is also the Jade market in YMT

map link

Elegiaque likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    What/where is the "one in Jordan"? YMT is very close... I'd like to generally avoid any tourist traps, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    What/where is the "one in Jordan"? YMT is very close... I'd like to generally avoid any tourist traps, though.
    If you walk south from the Jade Market then there are shops that are less touristy
    Elegiaque likes this.

about bead resource, i know some places in China
    1, go to YiWu in China, it is the biggest wholesale places for jewelry bead, it is also very very cheap, is good for you to open shop.

2, wholesale online if you are not able to China, Bjbead, Gets , are famous in jewelry online

3, if you want have more choice for beads purchase, you can go to Taobao, most of beads sellers are also belong to YiWu. in this case, you maybe worry about how can you purchase from taobao, then you can consider YOYBUY ,a taobao agent help you payment and delievery to wordwide.

Elegiaque likes this.