Like Tree8Likes

Best Shopping Centre in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    We accidentally went into that complex on Thursday afternoon, after a pleasant bike ride
    You found somewhere to park your bike in a SHKP mall. That is impressive.

It was the closest thing to a living nightmare I remember having suffered through in a long long time.
    Try IKEA in Home Square on a public holiday - if you need meatballs you...

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    You found somewhere to park your bike in a SHKP mall. That is impressive.
    Er... we went for a nice bicycle ride from Tai Shui Hang to the Science Park and back, returned our rented bikes, and then got a minibus down to the Heritage Museum for the Bruce Lee exhibit.

Er... we went for a nice bicycle ride from Tai Shui Hang to the Science Park and back, returned our rented bikes, and then got a minibus down to the Heritage Museum for the Bruce Lee exhibit.
    Makes sense. There is probably a by-law banning bike parking facilities within 100m of a SHKP mall.

If you keep on cycling you can reach the restaurants at Plover Cove reservoir for some Dim Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Jones:
    As Kim says, apart from Apple products, shopping in Hong Kong sucks. No variety, no customer service, bad quality and rip-off prices.

You can go to Shatin, more variety there in City Plaza and also an Ikea and a bunch of other home stores. City Super and a couple of ok restaurants.
    Yeah, I was in City Plaza the other day. It's quite good. Pretty large. It seems to me the further you go from the pressure cooker of downtown Hong Kong, the shopping centres generally get bigger. It also has a very cheap UA Cinema. Good prices. I think all shows are 60HK dollars on Tuesday, other days it is 70HK dollars for 2D and 90HK dollars for 3D movies. That's good for a movie buff like me on a tight budget. :-)

Shopping mall managed by the Swire Group is the best! I like Pacific Place, Tai Koo City, Festival Walk (Kowloon Tong)