Anyone know where to buy Yamazaki whiskey 25 years old?

Closed Thread

Anyone know where to buy Yamazaki whiskey 25 years old?

I'm looking to buy Yamazaki 25 years. Online stores in UK and US are selling it about 8000 HKD, but the prices in HK are double and nearly 3 times the price. Does anyone know where I can find this in HK for about 8k HKD?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 365print:
    I'm looking to buy Yamazaki 25 years. Online stores in UK and US are selling it about 8000 HKD, but the prices in HK are double and nearly 3 times the price. Does anyone know where I can find this in HK for about 8k HKD?

Thanks!
    asked a wine friend, he said he didn't hv that rare stock

Hk duty free used to stock it at the airport, but was told no more by the buying manager. We bought ours from in Japan at the airport duty free. That's your best bet and for he cheapest price. If you I doe head back to Japan, why not visit the whiskey shop and restaurant in Osaka near the main railway station, or head over to the distillery. You will find that most liquor stores stock Japanese whiskeys and cognacs. If you do weaken, then City super IFC stocks it...albeit at an inflated price.

BTW, you must mean Yamazaki 15 yrs. $8000 HK for 25 years sounds cheap. Plenty of others by Suntory. Super Nikko is also worth looking out for.

Last edited by Natfixit; 07-01-2014 at 09:20 PM.

How about 12 years, seems hv stock

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    Hk duty free used to stock it at the airport, but was told no more by the buying manager. We bought ours from in Japan at the airport duty free. That's your best bet and for he cheapest price. If you I doe head back to Japan, why not visit the whiskey shop and restaurant in Osaka near the main railway station, or head over to the distillery. You will find that most liquor stores stock Japanese whiskeys and cognacs. If you do weaken, then City super IFC stocks it...albeit at an inflated price.

BTW, you must mean Yamazaki 15 yrs. $8000 HK for 25 years sounds cheap. Plenty of others by Suntory. Super Nikko is also worth looking out for.

There is a Japanese whiskey shop on next door to the Bentley dealership and near the ZoroAstrian building in causeway bay : you could try there

Yeah it seems pretty cheap for 25 years, but I looked at some UK sites and they're selling for around that price. The ones in HK are around 17k, and one shop is asking for around 23k.

I asked a relative to look for it in Japan, but they couldn't find it in some shops. It's quite rare I guess. Perhaps some people are collecting it now, cause they won 2013 award for whiskey.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:

Last edited by 365print; 11-01-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    There is a Japanese whiskey shop on next door to the Bentley dealership and near the ZoroAstrian building in causeway bay : you could try there
    Thanks! Do you know the name of it?

Quote Originally Posted by 365print:

Thanks!
    I have one in malaysia

Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1396090543.008995.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  677.2 KB
    Is this the one we talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

It's lucky if u could find it for 17k hkd, it's production only 12000 bottles per year.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks