This is my first post.
I'l be in HK this summer for 20 days vacation. After reading this forum and other websites, I learned that there is a city named Shenzhen which seems the place to go for bargain!
Actually I'd like to go to Shenzhen from HK for three things:
- SEG Electronic Components marketplace
- having a taylor suit made
- having a full body (2-3 hrs.) massage at a cheap price (no sex, thanks!)
Now the questions:
1) If I understood, since I am an Italian tourist, I don't need a visa but I just have to pay 100HK$ at custom border just after jumping out from the train to have my passport stamped. Is this correct?
2) Since I am an electronic engineer, I started to have an heartache after reading about SEG! I have a LOT of things to buy, but... is it safe? e.g. If I buy a microcontroller, an eprom programmer or DDR modules at SEG, is it possible to receive a fake one? Any horror story to tell?
3) Any suggestion for a tailor in Lo Hu? Is it possible to have my body measured in the morning and to come back in the evening to pick up the suit?
4) Any suggestion for a cheap massage center with "NO SEX happy ending" in Lo Hu? A cheap but good alternative in HK?
5) I traveled a lot (most part of Europe, USA and Japan) and never had problems with pickpockets, but reading reviews about Shenzhen, it seems to be more dangerous than NY Bronx at Night! What about the safety in Shenzhen (and in HK in general)? I successfully survived in Naples, Prague and Lisbon. I'll be able to survive in Shenzhen?
Thank You for your help and sorry for my bad English!