Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Claire ex-ax

Twinings Gunpowder

Closed Thread

Twinings Gunpowder

Hello,

Pretty specific question, but have you ever seen the loose Gunpowder tea from Twinings in Hong Kong?

I have looked at International and Wellcome in Sheung Wan, Three Sixty in Elements and City Super in Causeway Bay with no success.

Thank you!

there are so many Chinese tea shops around HK selling tea leaves and powder by the grams.
    check them out.

Rakedavids, care to provide any recommendations to the OP (and to me, actually)?

give Jayinhongkong a shout, he loves his tea

Quote Originally Posted by rakedavids:
    there are so many Chinese tea shops around HK selling tea leaves and powder by the grams.
    check them out.
    I know about those but I have concerns regarding them.
    Either you get cheap tea in some local run-down shop - which is probably quite unsafe in the amount a pesticide it contains - or you target the higher end bio/organic/luxury tea sold by reputable shops and it costs you an arm.

I was looking for the Twinings Gunpowder since it has been thoroughly tested and deemed healthy, not containing to much pesticide, while remaining reasonably priced.

I am sorry a tea-loving friend of mine told me nearest thing to gunpowder available in hk is called jasmine pearls. gunpowder is very hard to come across.
    there are at least 3-4 in the cwb area....

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Why not just by it from iHerb.com? If you go with Global Priority Mail, it would cost HK$200 for 4 canisters (including shipping), for example. That's HK$50 a can, about the same price as the Twinings UK website.

iliketurtles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Why not just by it from iHerb.com?
    because it just seems so wrong to buy Chinese tea from USA.
    Similar to buying Sharwoods stuff in HKG - seems sacrilegious

Sod that Howard! I don't have to put up with grumpy shopkeepers this way!!

Cheers Claire - I went a bit overboard and spent about 80 USD on tea. That should see me thru about a week and a half!!