Like Tree97Likes

transparent kettle

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Well it's not true that all kettles are created equal. My husband taught me that when he spent 2 days looking for the right one, and then threw it out after a month because it wasn't right.

And he kind of had a point. The spout wasn't right, it leaked over the sides. And it took forever to heat up. And it was single walled so the heat evaporated quickly. and the toggle button to switch it on was wonky, wouldn't have lasted.

We eventually found a double-walled (keeps the water warm for a long time), german built, solid construction kettle that has lasted 10 years and still going back in France.

Kettles take effort to get one just right. the devil is always in the detail.
    our resident geoexpater die hard kettle fanatic!!

Pfft, like I said there is no such thing as a mere kettle.

Indeed, you could take the whole thing into the realms of psychology and say a person's choice of kettle reflects habitual behaviour patterns based on internalised experiential values.

Or in plainspeak, Grunt and INXS are tight gits and Blue88, Bibbju and myself are demonstrating adaptive perfectionism traits that manifest in being bloody picky about kettles.

Kettles go deep.

elle, bibbju, HK_Katherine and 4 others like this.

breville does transparent electric kettles,

contact the distributor shun hing if there transparent kettle available in HK and where?

I quite often disagree with inxs and grunt but in this case they're the only ones talking any sense.

Jimmeny cricket. Kettles?!?! I've heard all these arguments about the spout, the nozzle, the switch, the inner lining, the nucleus and the furry coat but tell me this....... Why does it need to be TRANSPARENT?!?!

After the Freudian psychoanalysis I can only assume the need for a transparent kettle represents an inner lust for nakedness that is being denied by the partner and is therefore manifesting itself on random entities such as BOILING WATER. oh baby, dem bubbles.

Mmmmm bring me those beautiful bubblesss!

Amirite?

Disclaimer: I'm on a caffeine high (and mental)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using GeoClicks mobile app

Last edited by justjoe86; 07-02-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Pfft, like I said there is no such thing as a mere kettle.

Indeed, you could take the whole thing into the realms of psychology and say a person's choice of kettle reflects habitual behaviour patterns based on internalised experiential values.

Or in plainspeak, Grunt and INXS are tight gits and Blue88, Bibbju and myself are demonstrating adaptive perfectionism traits that manifest in being bloody picky about kettles.

Kettles go deep.
    just wondering, how much you spend on a single kettle? HK$1500-2000?

the bang and olufsen of kettles, maybe, I am stuggling to see how a kettle be as advanced engineered as let say an audiolab ? sorry about the hifi analogy with kettles

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    that's a bang and olufsen inspired kettle for B & O market!, I stick to my Philip stainless steel one at HK$478 for time being
    Last edited by imparanoic; 07-02-2014 at 10:59 AM. Reason: actual price

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    No, you got to get one of these at it comes with an app...the iKettle
    that's the hipster one, this kettle suits people who used to like beats headphones

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    that's the hipster one, this kettle suits people who used to like beats headphones
    Does that mean I need to wear a pair of jeans around my knees to be able to operate this?
    kimwy66 and imparanoic like this.

Interesting news article about kettles.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast