Like Tree15Likes

Tuen Mun: shopping centres

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tuen Mun: shopping centres

Those who are familiar with Tuen Mun: please can you let me know of any shopping malls say, a 10 minute LRT ride away from Sam Shing Estate? The bigger (and more western) the better. Restauarants and cafes would be a big plus.

Google says Tuen Mun Plaza is the biggest. Sun Tuen Mun any good? I've parked there to play football but it looks very small. What about V city?

Yuen Nun Town Center is biggest...near in LRT restaurants and cafes are there

Sent from my LT26w using GeoClicks mobile app

I mean Turn Mun Town Center

Sent from my LT26w using GeoClicks mobile app

iliketurtles likes this.

v city, tuen mun town centre, and the other tuen mun mall, pretty big, almost size as shatin malls, definitely improved since last time (4 years ago), however, restaurants are very comparable to shatin, ie, everything for everyone's palette, but primarily targeted for locals

However, I note that there seems to be a lot of mainlanders ( ie, apparently, direct coaches service) than shatin and westerners are rare here

I went there 3 weeks ago

iliketurtles likes this.

Is it as chaotic as New Town Plaza? Nice big mall but seems half of the worlds population always in there with their suitcases on wheels.

Thanks. You went where three weeks ago? All of the malls you listed?

I don't really care if Mainlanders are in the shopping mall too. It's a free world.

V-City is your best bet for food, Tuen Mun Central is your best bet for shopping. Central is actually 6 big malls joined by bridges and everything is there. Lots of restaurants but typical mall fare, Spaghetti House, Cafe Europe, etc, etc...

V-City is a bit more interesting food wise...it's new so they're still trying ;-)

Sun Tuen Mun is a ghost town. There are some pretty good Chinese restaurants in the alleys around it, but, they are very Chinese!

If you're short on time...you could get off at On Ting...2 stops... and go into the newly renovated mall there. It's small, but enough to kill a few lunch breaks...there is a Japanese and a western style place that's okay for lunch on the ground floor. I forget the name of the restaurant...I had porridge and a croissant there for breakfast last week and it was okay....

Sam Shing is a $20 taxi from the Gold Coast or probably $4 or something on the mini-bus. The taxis/bus stop is right there next to the LRT

Last edited by INXS; 17-02-2014 at 12:55 PM.
    iliketurtles likes this.

Thanks. Sorry I'm struggling to find Tuen Mun Central. Is that the Tuen Mun Town Plaza?

INXS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Thanks. You went where three weeks ago? All of the malls you listed?

I don't really care if Mainlanders are in the shopping mall too. It's a free world.
    I spent around 3 hours there ( after visiting a friend who lives nearby)

I went to v city (60% of time spent), tuen mun town centre (10% to walk from v city to tuen mun new town Centre) tuen mun new town centre (30% of time spent)

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Thanks. Sorry I'm struggling to find Tuen Mun Central. Is that the Tuen Mun Town Plaza?
    With the way it was described (6 malls joined together) then yes, it's TMTPlaza.
    V City and TMTPlaza are less than 2 mins from each other so you can get at both of them in one go
    iliketurtles and INXS like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast