Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By INXS
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 2 Post By vmlinuz
  • 1 Post By vmlinuz

Forget Paddyfield's books

Thumbs down Forget Paddyfield's books

After I waited the two + weeks for my order of books, I was tortured by their convoluted and nonsensical courier service. The courier claimed to be at my home but refused to wait until the helper came to receive the package. Then after many phone calls the next day, I was given conflicting information. The package has been delivered until 3 pm in the afternoon when they changed their tune to the package has not been delivered and will be delivered again sometime in the future. I still do not have the package and the manager of the store refuses to call me back to give me an update.

Very bad follow up, cavalier attitude and no customer service make this an extremely frustrating and time consuming effort to order from them. It is nothing like AMAZON and I would anyone to steer clear of them and their incompetent staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nms:
    I was tortured by their convoluted and nonsensical courier service.
    Have you lodged a claim under the UN convention against torture?

Every business has a bad day.

Not saying we're perfect - we make mistakes too, specially when things get handed over to third parties who may not have the sharpest people doing their deliveries.

Drop our guys on www.shopinhk.com and they'll be happy to set you up with a discount coupon. Email on [email protected]

We deliver 99% of our packages (when the payment is made by credit card) on or before the estimated delivery date, which is shown on the product and the combined order before you place it.

We source from multiple warehouses and all product is air-freighted in and handled by local couriers who we work very closely with.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Every business has a bad day.

Not saying we're perfect - we make mistakes too, specially when things get handed over to third parties who may not have the sharpest people doing their deliveries.

Drop our guys on www.shopinhk.com and they'll be happy to set you up with a discount coupon. Email on [email protected]

We deliver 99% of our packages (when the payment is made by credit card) on or before the estimated delivery date, which is shown on the product and the combined order before you place it.

We source from multiple warehouses and all product is air-freighted in and handled by local couriers who we work very closely with.
    shri likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I've had Amazon fuck up orders...

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Actually, I'e ordered from shopinhk several times...no problems.

INXS : I'm the only person allowed to.

Fiona in HKG and INXS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    I've had Amazon fuck up orders...
    And I've had excellent "Very sorry, let us send you another book at our expense, just let us know if the original turns up" sort of customer service from Amazon - it's pretty much what they've build their business on...
    huja likes this.

These people are good too:

https://www.bookdepository.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    These people are good too:

https://www.bookdepository.com/
    Is it time for my regular Book Depository posting?
    Fiona in HKG and z754103 like this.