Best International Park n Shop?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Best International Park n Shop?

Hi,

We've heard there are a number of International Park n Shop stores on HK Island, just wondering if anyone can advise which is the bigger / better one?

Thanks in advance,

Lali

Great in Pacific Place is the upmarket brand of ParknShop and has the most international stuff, plus flashy (and very expensive) deli counters and so on.

Next down would probably be the Taste underneath the Hopewell Centre.

The equivalents in the Dairy farm group (Wellcome) would be City Super in IFC or Times Square (equally if not more expensive than Great).

I'm not sure which the biggest Wellcome branded store is on HK Island.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The equivalents in the Dairy farm group (Wellcome) would be City Super in IFC or Times Square (equally if not more expensive than Great).
    Erm... CitySuper isn't part of DFI - Oliver's and 360 are. AFAIK, CitySuper is (relatively?) independent.

And for what it's worth, I think the original poster was asking about the Park'n'Shop stores under the "International" brand, rather than international stores in general. The only one I know is my local store in Sheung Wan, which is better than a random small Park'n'Shop or Wellcome, but not exactly mind-blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Erm... CitySuper isn't part of DFI - Oliver's and 360 are. AFAIK, CitySuper is (relatively?) independent.
    Sorry, you're right - slight brain fade there.

Dairy Farm also has an upmarket brand illiterately called "Market Place by Jasons" (as well as Mannings, 7-11, and the HK franchise of IKEA - this place is the epitome of cartel-heaven) - the only Market Place currently on HK Island is at Jardine's Lookout.
    Last edited by PDLM; 15-07-2008 at 12:15 PM.

Our PnS is ten times better now that it went International. A lot more variety in food than the old version. It has really cut down the need to hit Taste, City Super and/or Great. Of those three, we find Taste better than the other two.
    Except it doesn't help the OP becasue our PnS is in the NT.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Sorry, you're right - slight brain fade there.

Dairy Farm also has an upmarket brand illiterately called "Market Place by Jasons" (as well as Mannings, 7-11, and the HK franchise of IKEA - this place is the epitome of cartel-heaven) - the only Market Place currently on HK Island is at Jardine's Lookout.
    Isn't there one in Langham Place?

The 'International' in Sheung Wan is really just a rebranded PnS and offers nothing new except the bakery on the ground floor. I guess it is just to make it seem more upmarket than the Wellcome across the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    Isn't there one in Langham Place?
    Yes, I believe so. and a third at Telford Garden.

There's a Park n Shop International in the United Centre in Admiralty and another one in Happy Valley (on the way to the Jockey Club).

I've been given good feedback on the Happy Valley PnS but haven't been myself. I have been to the one in Admiralty however and found it to be difficult to navigate your way around. It did have slightly more variety than the traditional PnS but little difference when compared to Great, Taste, CitySuper etc.

there's a market place up at the peak too....

market place mini

The Happy Valley Inernational PnS is pretty good. Also, there is a new Market Place mini which just opened up about 2 weeks ago now right at the tram terminus. It's very small and you could probably find everything you need else where, therefore not worth the trek out for.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast