Like Tree4Likes

Looking for reasonably priced ties?!?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for reasonably priced ties?!?

Hello everyone,

I recently moved to HK, and I've been looking to buy my hubby some nice ties, but everything here seems outrageously overpriced. Does anyone know of anywhere where I can buy some nice, affordable ties that won't break the bank? He likes colorful ones, ties that are a little bolder than the traditional, conventional ones. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by HannahPwski:
    Hello everyone,

everything here seems outrageously overpriced.
    Correct, welcome to Hong Kong.

Either get someone to ship some from overseas, or buy online yourself, or get down to a market and buy some cheap mainland knock-offs.

Thank you Kim,

I'll see if I can find something overseas. Would be nice if there were some local grown brands though. Thanks for reaching out so quick!

You could try G2000, you will find them in most malls. Never been in myself, although I buy all of my husband's clothes - he says he doesn't like their styles. Another place to try is WingOn, they are on the pricey side again.

Perhaps the men here have some suggestions.

Yup G2000 or alternatively any of the local tailors can make them for you.

Tie Rack, they are closing their shops worldwide and you can pick up decent ties (or cufflinks or scarves) for 50-70% off.

M&S but expect to see a lot of them being worn!

kimwy66 likes this.

6 months ago, I would have said Tie Rack.

However, I was at the Pawn rooftop market recently and came across a local brand, The Dark Knot.

I bought one for my husband, and he loved it! The tie even came with a recommendation for matching suits and shirts. Absolutely fantastic. And they were 350 HKD if I remember correctly.

Fiona in HKG and kimwy66 like this.

Thank you all for your feedback. MichC and Fiona, this is incredibly helpful! At first glance, their ties do look stunning!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast