Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Claire ex-ax

Cushion inserts

Closed Thread

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Cushion inserts

Looking for some new cushion inserts and have been disappointed with what I've found so far.

Not looking for hypo-allergenic or anything like that, just ones that don't go flat (and then stay flat!) but ones that plump back up nicely.

I'd even be prepared to go to Horizon Plaza if there is a shop there with the right stuff(ing).

Thanks.

If you are in the area during daytime, visit this guy in the middle of the pic:
    https://www.google.com/maps/@22.2688...1AOD_BB_zQ!2e0

No idea on prices but he has been there 20 years (that I know of, probably much longer...). With that longevity, he cant be all that bad.
    He does furniture reupholstery and makes cushions too.

You sending me down some darkened alley that should only be visited in daytime? What are you doing to me Howard?

*smile* No need to go down the alley...

During the day, that little cabinet opens up and becomes a reupholstery operation...

But if you really want to...its a cute little alley, one of the hundreds of "secret ways" that can be found in Hong Kong. You can walk down the entire length of that alley and you will end up on SingWoo road....

I find the feather ones available at Ikea are good, and because they are cheap I buy a spare and plump up the others with extra feathers. Only issue is you can only get them in 50cm size here, despite them being made in China. I just adjust mine to fit any cushion covers I make, if you are handy with a sewing machine or hand sewing it is easy.

Online I can only see feather ones that are 40 x 60 cm. You say they have 50 x 50 cm feather ones? Perhaps I'll take a look. Thanks.

Edit: Okay, I forgot to use the pull down menu for the colour/size.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 16-04-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    kimwy66 likes this.