Like Tree4Likes

Water Purifier for wide tap faucet

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by oki_boy:
    Where did you get this? I don't want the hassle of installing one under the sink.

Wing On sells all sorts of filters like this (at least the store in Central / Sheung Wan does)
    oki_boy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by likhojyotiko:
    I checked with the building management and they say that the tap water contains bacteria and is not safe to drink directly. Needs purification.
    Don't you need a UV filter to kill bacteria unless you have 0.01 micron filters

I doubt an end of tap filter has such a fine structure as it would be best with pre-screening with coarser filters also.

If you are concerned about bacteria in your water perhaps

1) Get it tested (approx $2000) probably find out it is OK and then just drink tap water
    2) Fit an appropriate filter system with UV (approx $5000)

According to WSD adding a filter increases the chance of bacteria growing if they're not maintained properly.

For us we found the filter is more useful for particulate matter in the water from old pipes, etc, even for our new built flat, our filter would be covered in brown gunk over 6 months. As for bactertia HK does have a fair amount of Chlorine in it, so boiling probably doesn't do that much for you in newer buildings.

Chlorine actually dissipates in the air over time, that's why you can smell it when you turn the tap on. One way of cutting down the amount of chlorine, and the amount of water you use, is to install one of those taps that mix air into the water, comes out all bubbly.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by klan8456:
    Wing On sells all sorts of filters like this (at least the store in Central / Sheung Wan does)
    Thanks for that. Picked up a filter from Wing-On yesterday and installed it. Better tasting water for sure. I don't care about the details or microns or whatevers, the result is enough for me.