Like Tree4Likes

Water Purifier for wide tap faucet

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Water Purifier for wide tap faucet

Hi All

The tap faucet in our building florient rise is quite wide (25mm) and therefore not able to install the standard on-tap water filter (from Phillips or Panasonic)that can be installed only on a pipe with a maximum diameter of 24mm.

Appreciate if somebody can suggest me any alternates that can be used with my tap size?

Thanks

Since you're new here, I'll just check that you are aware that the tap water here is perfectly safe to drink?

I checked with the building management and they say that the tap water contains bacteria and is not safe to drink directly. Needs purification.

Quote Originally Posted by likhojyotiko:
    I checked with the building management and they say that the tap water contains bacteria and is not safe to drink directly. Needs purification.
    Boil it like everybody else then put in a jug

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Since you're new here, I'll just check that you are aware that the tap water here is perfectly safe to drink?

There is no way you can say that with any kind of certainty. Perhaps the water that leaves the HK water treatment is safe? However, you must be very naive to think that all HK piping and all HK housing complexes are up to snuff.

Unless you or someone you know has gone around and tested the actual water quality that comes out of every tap in Hong Kong, you are talking out of your arse...
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    There is no way you can say that with any kind of certainty. Perhaps the water that leaves the HK water treatment is safe? However, you must be very naive to think that all HK piping and all HK housing complexes are up to snuff.

Unless you or someone you know has gone around and tested the actual water quality that comes out of every tap in Hong Kong, you are talking out of your arse...
    Florient Rise is ~5 years old! Nothing wrong with the water there....I would say the building management is talking out their collective ass...likely local so will undoubtedly tell any gwailo to boil their water as they do...doesn't mean it's necessary

Or it could just be a really shoddily built building (more likely).

The person you talked to in your Building Management obviously doesn't have a clue - in fact Florient Rise is a recipient of the WSD Quality Water Recognition Scheme certificate meaning that it undertakes regular maintenance and cleaning of its systems and that water samples drawn at apartments' taps meet quality standards.

I don't boil, but I do use one of these: http://www.philips.com.hk/c/water-pu...812_00/prd/en/

It certainly makes a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    I don't boil, but I do use one of these: http://www.philips.com.hk/c/water-pu...812_00/prd/en/

It certainly makes a difference
    Where did you get this? I don't want the hassle of installing one under the sink.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast