How do you buy meat at the wet markets?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

ok, we having a gross out fest here ? much as the live chook decapitation and the fish smack in the head is a finger bender experience... stay around and watch when the local fishmonger dresses the frogs. He smashes it between the eyes and skins the poor sucker while its still wiggling !!! chops it up so the little skinned feet are still twitching in the plastic bag.. ewww

i know, i saw them do frogs about 13 years ago at a supermarket....they all got a HUGE laugh from my shrieking reaction!

hey jally, have you worked out how to buy meat at wet market yet? isnt this website useful.
    why cant we let gweilos freakout over meat in china and have them eat vegetables only. We should keep it a secret that we only sell ecoli tainted lettuce and tomato in hong kong.
    why cant we let the locals eat rotten meat and see them die.

who hit the killed switch?
    just because i pointed the very simple fact that different people have different customs and habits...........you guys are no fun
    keep on bitchin'

Quote Originally Posted by baajee:
    ok, we having a gross out fest here ? much as the live chook decapitation and the fish smack in the head is a finger bender experience... stay around and watch when the local fishmonger dresses the frogs. He smashes it between the eyes and skins the poor sucker while its still wiggling !!! chops it up so the little skinned feet are still twitching in the plastic bag.. ewww
    I would normally not post this here, but since it IS already a gross out fest, let me point this out:

Bajee, the chook and the fish are okay as shockers, the frog thing is not. Frogs generally have a long life by nature and live pretty long even after being completely cut up. I have cut up a few in Biology practicals class - on one occassion, after chloroforming the frog, I removed its heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, entire bowels -and then it suddenly woke up, turned around and hopped away from the dissection table and out of the classroom no kidding

my classmate actually shreiked and fainted immediately. It is a different story that he went on to become a heart surgeon later on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pushan:
    I would normally not post this here, but since it IS already a gross out fest, let me point this out:

Bajee, the chook and the fish are okay as shockers, the frog thing is not. Frogs generally have a long life by nature and live pretty long even after being completely cut up. I have cut up a few in Biology practicals class - on one occassion, after chloroforming the frog, I removed its heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, entire bowels -and then it suddenly woke up, turned around and hopped away from the dissection table and out of the classroom no kidding

my classmate actually shreiked and fainted immediately. It is a different story that he went on to become a heart surgeon later on!!!
    Maybe that's why there is so much mystique surrounding frogs in Puerto Rico! They are pretty cool aren't they?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7