Rudy Project sunglasses in HK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by beachball:
    Actually, an NSN number only indicates that the product is a 'standardized material item of supply', i.e., that the same model is purchased by the United States Department of Defense. I believe that it does not say anything about the specific item at hand - all Wiley X tactical series sunglasses have NSN numbers, even if sold to the general public.
    Oh ok, I didn't know that. Well they were shipped from a base in North Carolina and he threw in a 1-800-GO-ARMY lanyard, so I'm assuming these ones were issued, even if he said they weren't. Either that or he just happened to get a great deal on several dozen pairs before he was shipped off.
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 15-08-2008 at 02:06 PM.

Yeah, still a great deal for you. Wiley X are pretty good value for money anyway, but USD40 for a pair of XL-1 is like 50% off. Well done.

Thanks! I love 'em. I wear them pretty much every day. Are you a member of a local gun club/into airsoft?

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Thanks! I love 'em. I wear them pretty much every day. Are you a member of a local gun club/into airsoft?
    Nope, I like water: wake surfing, boating - pretty much anything that floats (or not - diving is good, too)

I see! Interesting choice of eyewear for someone who likes to be on (and in) the water! I like the 'tacticool' look myself. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    I see! Interesting choice of eyewear for someone who likes to be on (and in) the water! I like the 'tacticool' look myself. hehe
    Well, I haven't tried them, but they look like a good choice (mostly for sailing), based on
    • low volume/close to face profile
    • "over ear hooks" for better hold than straight stems
    • felt brow bar against perspiration

I rarely wear shades while diving Actually, once I forgot that I had a pair around my neck and only discovered them after descending to 20m Changed from my dive mask to the sunglasses at depth - people thought it was hilarious.
    Last edited by beachball; 15-08-2008 at 07:39 PM.

Some of the Wiley Xs come with a strap that allows you to wear them like goggles. I know my XL-1s did. I guess that would make 'em even better for use on the water eh?

I've only ever tried diving in a pool. I'd love to try it in the ocean at some point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2