White noise maker

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yeah, I know the situation. Our previous fridge made such a noise, when the thermostat switched it off at night, I would wake up, due to the silence.

You can quite often find white noise cd's at baby stores or online at various baby sites - they like it too when they are newborns

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

cheap and cheerful

Download 'African sleeping music, it is just over 7mb and if you loop it will keep you in lala land for as long as you want

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    I have a white noise maker which I picked up in Oman. Our 8th wedding anniversary is next year!

LMAO

thank you, thank you

If you have a sounds system which you can hook up to your laptop or computer, you can download a live white noise generator from the Internet (e.g. here).

Or you can simply go here, download some white noise files there, burn to a CD and play it non-stop.

If you just wanna relax to a great soundtrack, you could try unwinding in one of the many cafes to be found in Hong Kong. How about...errr...Starbucks or Pacific, for example?

Grab a coffee, find a seat. If it hasn't happened already, just wait a minute. A steady stream of people will shortly come through and will all order those crushed ice drinks that really set up the ambience nicely as they're being made.

As you're enjoying your well-priced coffee over the weekend rag, nothing beats the sweet sound of multiple blenders on high-torque as they crush through large chunks of argumentative ice.

Except maybe relaxing on a construction site.

just tune (detune?) your radio to static and let er rip

Quote Originally Posted by timklip:
    just tune (detune?) your radio to static and let er rip
    Or Uncle Ray on RTHK always makes me want to zzzzzzz