Like Tree6Likes

Activated Charcoal

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Slice up some oranges or lemons, leave the slices out of plates for a day or so, should soak up the smells, after a day or so repeat with some fresh slices.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, she is the best for things thru your mouth.

But when it comes to what to shove up your lower orifices, Gwyneth just can't be beat!
    Whether its eggs or steam or other objects to be inserted, she knows best!

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:

But when it comes to what to shove up your lower orifices, Gwyneth just can't be beat!

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    Any clue on which ones are most effective at removing odours? Not that I have a gas problem, I just bought a new place and that smell from the wood and glue and shit is stinking.
    Activated charcoal by itself isn't going to help too much with that. Large air circulation fans + exhaust fans out the windows will work best.

After most of the heavy smells are aired out, then look at getting some cheap air filters. The xiaomi air filter is <1000, provides a lot of air flow at the highest setting and now has a filter with an activated charcoal core. Using the air filter upfront isn't a good use of money unless you're already living in it.

小米空氣淨化器 2 - 小米香港官網
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by answerer:
    Activated charcoal by itself isn't going to help too much with that. Large air circulation fans + exhaust fans out the windows will work best.
    It's a bit hard to find serious information out there, but from what I've managed to gather, a big load of activated carbon can be quite effective. The other ingredient used is potassium permanganate, but this is probably not easy to acquire locally.

After most of the heavy smells are aired out, then look at getting some cheap air filters. The xiaomi air filter is <1000, provides a lot of air flow at the highest setting and now has a filter with an activated charcoal core. Using the air filter upfront isn't a good use of money unless you're already living in it.
    I've yet to come across any purifier that is usable on a max airflow setting (well, maybe the BlueAirs as that's what they are designed for). It's also worth taking the charcoal filter and out of any filter and looking at it, the Xiaomi, like most on the market, is laughably token. I quite like that purifier for other reasons, but completely disregard the charcoal filter part.

Thanks for the advice but I started this thread 3 years ago and I'm all sorted now

Yeah, this thread only kicked off again because someone decided to promote charcoal tablets (which sounds like a terrible idea on the face of it), but it I guess we decided to run with it anyway.

i remember as kid staying at my Grandma's house, we chewed charcoal and used a toothbrush to brush our teeth with LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:

Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop under fire after sharing phony information

How much does it cost to get team GOOP to say your product is great?