Like Tree6Likes

Activated Charcoal

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Activated Charcoal

Anyone know where is a good place to buy activated charcoal for absorbing nasty odours?

Any clue on which ones are most effective at removing odours? Not that I have a gas problem, I just bought a new place and that smell from the wood and glue and shit is stinking.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I think I might go for an air purifier.

activated charcoal in a mesh bag are common and cheapest in aquarium shops, but bits of charcoal falls out

activated charcoal to stop smells, as available in japan home centre, jusco living plaza, etc

Cheers guys, I'll take a look

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    Any clue on which ones are most effective at removing odours? Not that I have a gas problem, I just bought a new place and that smell from the wood and glue and shit is stinking.
    I'd be a bit more worried about horrible crap outgassing from the construction materials than what it smelled like! This could go on for months and carbon or an air purifier is going to get overloaded quite quickly.

Most air purifiers have some pathetically small amount of carbon in them to supposedly handle VOCs, and even good ones only have less than a couple of pounds. The current crop of Japanese purifiers that you find in Fortress, etc, have only a couple hundred grams of carbon, or none at all.

If you have to live the place, perhaps the safest thing you can do is just leave all your windows open to let the gases out.
    Last edited by jgl; 30-07-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    East_coast and imparanoic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tyily:
    activated charcoal can ingest with water juice,or sprinkle on food to rid u body of toxins. google the benefits of eating AC
    The only toxins here is the garbage you have written. Please provide peer-reviewed, randomised control studies showing the benefits of ingesting activated charcoal. Can't find any? What a surprise...

Despite the marketing hype, activated charcoal has no ability to suck out the toxic chemicals from the rest of your body. Its effects are limited to the gastrointestinal tract only, and it’s been studied in poisoning situations only. There’s no evidence to demonstrate that the everyday consumption of activated charcoal is either beneficial or helpful in any way.
    https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/act...-food-culture/

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    If you have to live the place, perhaps the safest thing you can do is just leave all your windows open to let the gases out.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Please provide peer-reviewed, randomised control studies showing the benefits of ingesting activated charcoal. Can't find any?
    Thats because you're looking at your peers. Come and talk to my peers and you'll find many:

1) Gwyneth Paltrow
    2) Kim Kardashian
    3) David "Avocado" Wolfe

Now run along and find some new friends, hopefully enlightened ones like mine

....and have a blessed day
    East_coast and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    Air it out with a fan. Safest most efficient way.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast