Like Tree1Likes

Slow /Masticating juicers

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Slow /Masticating juicers

I have heard lot of good things about slow juicers preserving natural taste & nutrients lost by high-speed juicers that grind and crush.

Any idea where I can buy one of these ?
    Name:  IMG_1386926260503.jpg
Views: 1135
Size:  119.7 KB
    HUROM - Slow Juicer

any review/feedback on slow juicers would be great.

sogo had it

I'd worry less about nutrition value and more its sugar content and lack of fiber.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    I'd worry less about nutrition value and more its sugar content and lack of fiber.

Yes, there is a debate among experts if masticating juicers are as good as they claim to be.

I intend making lot of green juices and centrifugal juicers dont seem too efficient in that,so thats why I am thinking of buying masticating juicer which are far more effective.

There's also another brand that is on Groupon now and again called Ladyship. Not tried either so not sure which is better.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    There's also another brand that is on Groupon now and again called Ladyship. Not tried either so not sure which is better.

I checked Ladyship(Rotary speed: 20000 RPM), its a traditional juicer and not a slow one.

Hurom Vertical Slow Juicer is for 300 USD from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by rt512:
    Yes, there is a debate among experts if masticating juicers are as good as they claim to be.

I intend making lot of green juices and centrifugal juicers dont seem too efficient in that,so thats why I am thinking of buying masticating juicer which are far more effective.
    Yup. Think about it - 50 calories / carrot.
    If you mesh it through blender, the volume will be significantly more than through cold pressing. 1 1/2 cup carrot will have already given you a cup of juice if you make it through blender.

Cold press, however, requires that you use 5-7 carrot / cup of carrot juice. Think about all the sugar extracted through 5-7 carrot as oppose to 1 - 1.5. That'll easily give you 5 times more sugar than through blender. 300 calories of extracted sugar rushing to be quickly up taken.

I agree with you vegetables may be a fairly good alternative to cold press.
    Last edited by Creative83; 11-08-2014 at 12:28 PM.

My ex flatmate was a serious juicer for over a year, and has left behind a few blenders and one serious looking juicer. It looks kind of like a meat mincer, the fruit/veg go in at the top, it's forced and squeezed funnel like with the juice coming out the front, and bone dry residue out of the bottom.

I have seen them around in Shanghai Street, they have the Korean brands.

Thanks, I will have a look.

Hurom slow juicers are available on chinese sites like jd.com.

http://item.jd.com/1066036.html

But I have no idea how to order as I cant read chinese.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast