Now TV / Cable TV Contract Length

Now TV / Cable TV Contract Length

Hello all! I am looking for some sort of cable tv for my new apartment. Problem is - I am only staying in the apartment for a period of 10 months. Is there any TV provider such as Now TV that allows less than the standard 18/24 month contract?

If not, are there any alternatives? Is there a termination fee that isn't ridiculously expensive?

Really appreciate your help - thanks!!!

I think you can go for a monthly contract if you pay the installation charges and a higher monthly fee. This used to be the case, not sure what it is like anymore. Call their customer service hotline.

Ahh thanks. Would you happen to have their number? The website for some reason for Now TV is rubbish - I can never get it to load and when it does I am unable to select anything. Thats why I had to ask on here!

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by barber:
    The website for some reason for Now TV is rubbish - I can never get it to load and when it does I am unable to select anything.
    The website is fine, but it does require you to have the latest version of the Flash player installed (and doesn't check that you have it, assuming instead that if you have Flash then you have the latest version, which is obviously an invalid assumption).

NowTv will not let you pay month to month*.

I offered to pay for 6 months in a lump sum, all connection fees etc. paid at once, and they said no, I had to sign a contract for at least 12 months. I found this really stupid especially since you can go month to month with PCCW internet.

*Only certain channels can you do month to month, and there aren't many. The free-to-air channels on NowTv don't give you much either.

I would post an ad requesting to take over someone's connection for 10 months. You'd be surprised how many people want out of their contracts.

The NowTv website only works properly with Internet Explorer. Trying to use it with Firefox is a joke.

Last edited by Jon.E.Kong; 26-08-2008 at 02:24 AM.

Thanks for the info. I had to sign up for a 12 month contract in the end...which is slightly annoying, but no other choice really. Still - cheaper than Englands Sky TV so can't really complain. Does anyone know if it is possible to have Now Tv on two tvs? I.e. one in the lounge and one in the bedroom?

hey so I have another question cos the people at pccw phoned. after agreeing a twelve month contract earlier today with someone on the street, they phoned me to confirm the details. They confirmed my package of x amount for 12 months. They then said I had to rent the box for 18 months. I explained this had not been explained to me, checked the contract they made me sign and the salesperson had crossed out 18 months and replaced it with 12 months for the box rental. I noticed that his spoken english soon went downhill and it was getting harder and harder to understand him! Problem is, I paid HK$800 prepayment at a 7-11 earlier so now I have to find out a) how to get my money back as he seemed to struggle to tell me when...although he did mention a few months and b) why they are so stuck in their ways with the 18 month and wont budge. Would appreciate any comments??

Thanks

Escalate: the head of PCCW broadband is Paul Berriman. His email is firstname.secondname @pccw.com