Where to buy suitcase weighing scales

Closed Thread

Where to buy suitcase weighing scales

Does anyone know where I can buy digital weighing scales in Hong Kong ,for weighing suitcases like attached picture?

We have similar requests so I'm happy to give this thread a bump!

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread29302.html

Why not just use a normal scale? Stand on it without luggage and then with luggage and subtract. Might not be exact, but neither will anything else. The only thing that matters is the scale at the airport. If your luggae scale puts you within a kg of overweight, do you breathe a sigh of relief or do you pull something out?

or you can go to the gym and see how heavy you can bench press with 1 hand and with 2 hands. then go home and bench press your suitcase and compare it to the weight at the gym.

For a suitcase? Just use a regular bathroom scales, we travel about 20 times a year and usually to the limit when going to the US and back, and that works fine.

I agree that bathroom scales can be used, however this method is not always an option when travelling (i.e. not all hotel rooms have scales)

Perhaps not as convenient (Or gadgety!) but a simple spring balance can be used:

rshongkong.com |� B2884793, C & K, SPRING BALANCE 30KG, 288-4793

I'm sure they are available in places other than RS and know they come in other weight ranges.

Last edited by Stoob; 28-08-2008 at 05:14 PM.

Not sure if this will be of much use but there are digital luggage scales for sale in flight on Qantas

Balanzza Ergo Digital Luggage Scale - InSky Shopping

Fish scales! I purchased mine in Kmart (in Australia) in the fishing section - I'm sure there are plenty around here in HK too. MUCH cheaper than the 'fancy' luggage scales which are just the same thing but 5x the price....

This luggage scale costs HKD175, how much are you paying for your 'fish' scales?

cost me about AUD9 in australia - so around HKD45 i would expect.