Like Tree14Likes

Any suggestions for a good dehumidifier?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I've got a Mitsubishi... it's okay (quietish) but nowhere near as effective as my hybrid Hitachi. On the other hand it uses a lot less power.

I read that several years ago the last generation Mitsubishi models were taken off the market for making incorrect efficiency or effectiveness claims.

imparanoic and dossier like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I've got a Mitsubishi... it's okay (quietish) but nowhere near as effective as my hybrid Hitachi. On the other hand it uses a lot less power.

I read that several years ago the last generation Mitsubishi models were taken off the market for making incorrect efficiency or effectiveness claims.
    something like MJ-E100 was tested by consumer council a couple of years ago

stick with big brands, I use toshiba

@ Snoopy1234

You had recommended the following:

Mitsubishi Electric MJ-E130AF-H
    Hitachi RD-210EX

I am also considering the LG LD136FGDO dehumidifier. It has a DB rating of 39/36.

Do you (or anyone else) know of the DB rating of the Mitsubishi or Hitachi model?

Broadway is selling the Mits for $4500 / Hitachi for $4200 / LG $3600.

I did find some cheaper prices on price.com.hk.

Thanks!

Some of their models use both a compressor and a dessicant.

Other manufacturers also do this for some models.

i bought dehumidifers from one of the companies on price hk. it has the same warranty as the stores

do you guys leave it on 24/7? it seems the air gets really stuffy if we keep the windows closed all the time. but it's getting so damp these days...

dossier likes this.

I leave mine on in the kitchen 24/7 which helped keep those nasty little bugs from appearing. And the other runs almost as much as it fills up quicker and I need to empty it.

Sorry if this sounds daft, but do most people leave their dehumidifier on 24/7 on an auto humidity level setting - whether at home or out of home?

I ask as I've seen my a/c units have issues with being left on for days at a time - even though they are split a/c with temperature control units. After a while they get too hot to run and need to be shut off for a day.

Hence - I was wondering if solid dehumidifier models like the recommended Mitsubishi models had any issues with being left on auto all day and night long. Presumably they just shut off when the tank fills up to full?

I have a 12 year old Hitachi which is still going strong.

I don't use Auto mode, normally when I go out I turn it on and just let it run (it stops when full of course)
    If I'm using it to dry stuff in the bathroom I will put it on a 3 or 4 hour timer.