Cigar shops in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cigar shops in Hong Kong

I'm looking to get a cigar box (humidor) but i don't know where to look. Anyone know where i might be able to get one in Hong Kong?

Try Davidoff in the Landmark. I'd personally go with a custom-made one from the US.

You can also get "Siglo" brand humidors from the cigar shops owned by the Pacific Cigar Company (exclusive distributor of Habanos in Asia).

There's one in the Mandarin Oriental - Cohiba Cigar Divan; another right above Shanghai Tang on Pedder Street - Red Chamber Cigar Divan, a well as a few others scattered around HK.

They're about HKD 3500 for a 50 stick humidor, and about HKD4500 for a 75 stick one.

These are very high-quality and include digital hygrometer and humidifier. Your cigars will be well-protected.

Thanks lionrock, but do they carry cheaper humidors at those places? I'm just looking for something simple, basic and cheap so i can keep some cigars at my girlfriend's house without them getting moldy or chewed up by her terrier.

The have some travel humidors (5-10 sticks) that are about HKD2,000 if I remember correctly.

Best bet would be to buy it online for a better price.

But I find that the ones they sell online for between USD 100-300, although cheap, tend to be of bad quality - inconsistent humidty, not airtight etc. and the cigars get damaged...

Still too much for my budget. The one i have at home only cost me 60usd (on sale from a hundred) and it came with a free digital hygrometer as well.

I'll probably just look around those old chinese furniture and antique shops, they have those old wooden chinese boxes that look quite good, i guess i can line it with spanish cedar on the inside and try to convert it into a little humidor.

Yes, online ordering would work (e.g., Cheap Humidors).

There also are some other options in Hong Kong, like GOD and some companies selling through Yahoo! (often same one hawking generic watch winders).

Quote Originally Posted by pistolero:
    Still too much for my budget. The one i have at home only cost me 60usd (on sale from a hundred) and it came with a free digital hygrometer as well.

I'll probably just look around those old chinese furniture and antique shops, they have those old wooden chinese boxes that look quite good, i guess i can line it with spanish cedar on the inside and try to convert it into a little humidor.
    Sounds like a fun idea. If you see any good boxes that work, do post about it here. I'd like to have a go at making one as well.

If you want to go the ghetto route, you could always get a big Ball jar from Citysuper.

tupperware works too

Build Your Own

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast