Walls Icecream disappeared?

Walls Icecream disappeared?

hey guys,
    do you know why walls icecream totally disappeared from hong kong? anyone heard the story?

is there any shop still selling them? i really miss them.

maybe they were all eaten by the Sai Kung Fairy (apologies to Squid for that one)?

I've been looking for it for months also- to no avail. Finally asked one parknshop clerk and she said that if you've tried PNS & wellcome and neither one sells it, then it is not carried in HK. I think it's been over a year since I've seen the Wall's ice cream

This is the wrong season...too hot...all the walls ice cream has melted. It will refreeze in winter.

This could be almost as bad as the Great Vegemite Drought.
    Questioning the retailers about the lack of Vegemite gave a number of different replies, but it is finally back on the shelves.
    Maybe, just like Vegemite (and MacArthur), it will return.
    If they have dropped Walls from the HK market then I guess it just wasn't worth it. Either not enough sales, or the total cost to import grew too high.
    We all have to realise that we are living a long way from home and that your favourite snack may not be available, and that market forces will determine which ones are.
    As long as this does not impact the availability of Vegemite in Hong Kong, all is well with the world.

dot.zen

A quick Google gives these contacts for Unilever Hong Kong (Walls is a brand of Unilever):

Unilever Hong Kong Ltd.
    29/F., 1063 king’s Road,
    Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.
    Business Nature : Importer , Wholesaler
    Contact Person : Albert Yan
    Title : Supply Chain Manager
    Telephone : 2892 3105
    Fax : 3018 7321
    E-mail : [email protected]

So if you're really desperate I guess you could give him a call!

PDLM - Now if you can help me figure out why the two liter bottles of Lemon Coke Light have disappeared, the spousal unit would be very happy.