Silk maxi slipdress

Closed Thread

Silk maxi slipdress

Hi, does anyone know where I can buy real silk maxi slipdresses? Not the usual 'touristy' quality you can find on the Ladies Market or Temple Street, but from a decent quality.

What is it? Do you have a picture? I can't picture what you are looking for!

Ah right. I got something looking very much like that from the duty free store in Shanghai airport - it was quite reasonable. I saw something like it in Lane Crawford here in HK a fews years back and nearly had a heart attack at the price!

I have a number of silk dresses (somewhat different style) that I purchased in the UK. I have taken them to China (Shenzhen and Shanghai) and had copies made. You need to be careful to ensure you actually pick silk (and not fake silk) when you choose your material, but there ARE legit tailors in Shenzhen and they can then copy your existing dress in the fabric you choose. I was paying about RMB500 per dress for this, which I didn't think was bad for a lined dress in silk. I'm guessing what you are looking for is an undergarment which would only use the single liner silk so it would probably be about 2/3 of that price.

Last edited by HK_Katherine; 03-12-2014 at 07:58 AM.

That is right, that is what I am looking for But I would prefer to buy it in HK as I do not have time to travel up and down to Shenzen to let it tailor made.. So any suggestions in HK for these kind of dresses without the hefty price tags as in Lane Crawford, Havey Nichols are most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryknoll:
    That is right, that is what I am looking for But I would prefer to buy it in HK as I do not have time to travel up and down to Shenzen to let it tailor made.. So any suggestions in HK for these kind of dresses without the hefty price tags as in Lane Crawford, Havey Nichols are most welcome.
    Well I searched high and low for what I was looking for, which is very similar to your picture, and failed miserably. So when I did finally find one in Shanghai airport, that's why I got a couple of copies made in Shenzhen! (It's actually not THAT much of a palava. You only have to go to Lu Wo, cross the border (yes, you would need a visa or a home return permit), the shopping centre is across the road and you can find a tailor and get it sorted in an hour or so and then go home. They post the final product to you).

I suspect you can do the same here in HK for less than Lane Crawford charges - try the Western Market in Shueng Wan - I think they have a similar setup just slightly more expensive. Even with just the picture, pick your silk and they would make it.

All right, I might have a shot at Western Market and ask for some quotes