Taobao Focus - poor service

Closed Thread

Unhappy Taobao Focus - poor service

I'd like to post my experience using the Taobao Focus website to purchase items in China.

Overall, the experience was very poor. The website layout is confusing and is a million miles from the experience you get from most 'western' shopping websites. You receive updated emails which require you to login to their website and then try to find the relevant information. It is not intuitive or logical in layout.

I ordered some goods which took about 2 weeks to get to the Taobao Focus warehouse. They were then despatched to my home. EMS were supposed to deliver the item to my HK address but they 'claim' that no-one was there when the delivery was made depsite my helper being home at the time. However, no calling card or delivery note was left at my address. They then tried again - again no calling card or information left at my address. So, after 3 days of supposed 'attempted deliveries' they sent the item back to Guangzhou. I did receive notification that the deliveries had been attempted but the information on the website was misleading saying that I needed to go to the post office. However, there was no information on the delivery number etc.

When I asked to return the items to the seller, it had exceeded their 'no returns' timelines so they refused to take the good back. So, I then had to pay about USD20 (about HKD160) to get the items sent again.

The items only cost about HKD500 so I have basically paid about HKD320 in shipment charges. This means the whole point of using Taobao Focus has been negated as commission and shipment charges are so high compared to the low cost of the product.

The item packaging was very poor and some of the parts were damaged on delivery.

Their online help is available but they do not want to help you or 'care' about the user experience.

Overall, a very poor experience and I will not be using them again.

Quote Originally Posted by jools99:

I ordered some goods which took about 2 weeks to get to the Taobao Focus warehouse. They were then despatched to my home. EMS were supposed to deliver the item to my HK address but they 'claim' that no-one was there when the delivery was made depsite my helper being home at the time. However, no calling card or delivery note was left at my address. They then tried again - again no calling card or information left at my address. So, after 3 days of supposed 'attempted deliveries' they sent the item back to Guangzhou. I did receive notification that the deliveries had been attempted but the information on the website was misleading saying that I needed to go to the post office. However, there was no information on the delivery number etc...

Overall, a very poor experience and I will not be using them again.
    You can visit the below old thread for guideline to use consolidator. It's better than using the Taobao focus. Many Hongkongers are complaining Taobao focus's service as well.

https://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/...ml#post2948321

Quote Originally Posted by babesiu:
    You can visit the below old thread for guideline to use consolidator. It's better than using the Taobao focus. Many Hongkongers are complaining Taobao focus's service as well.

https://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/...ml#post2948321
    Hongkongers would not use Taobao focus

I think > 99% of HongKong Taobao users never heard of Taobao Foucs

EMS is infamous for poor service