Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cwbguy

Getting Curtains Made

Closed Thread

Getting Curtains Made

I need to get some curtains made for my new apartment - 3 bedrooms plus the lounge. Ideally somewhere that will come and measure and also install the rails (the bedrooms have bay windows/window seat). Any recommendations? - reasonably priced, good selection of fabrics (Western rather than Chinese-style) and English speaking. Thanks.

There are rows of curtain shops along Queens Road East. Most of the offer home measuring services and speaks English. Best is to pop in a couple to find out what kind of fabrics they have on offer and their style. Good luck!

Sandy Lee of Bricks and Stones, 97 Queen Road East, 2520-0577 has sorted my last two flats. Good prices and English..

btc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by btc:
    I need to get some curtains made for my new apartment - 3 bedrooms plus the lounge. Ideally somewhere that will come and measure and also install the rails (the bedrooms have bay windows/window seat). Any recommendations? - reasonably priced, good selection of fabrics (Western rather than Chinese-style) and English speaking. Thanks.
    HK side or Kowloonside

@East_coast - HKside preferred.

depends on budget really. and if you can measure your window size. take a photo of the curtain rail (if already installed) and go to ikea. cheap and cheerful as a budget option. i had 1 set of lined curtains for living room (180x240) and 2 sets unlined for bedrooms (80x80; 80x120) for HKD1,700 all in.

Quote Originally Posted by btc:
    @East_coast - HKside preferred.
    Head to Queeen's Road East