Like Tree9Likes

cheapest place to buy an iPhone 5s?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    So where in the website is it listed? There is not even a tab for them...

Sorry, I've never looked at the HK's online store for refurbished iPhones, just the U.S. one as I ordered one a few months back for a relative over there.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Katherine, PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Katherine, PM sent.
    seems like you do work in apple store

any hints if the next successor regular size iphone will have 2 gig of ram?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    seems like you do work in apple store

any hints if the next successor regular size iphone will have 2 gig of ram?
    LOL! I get asked these type of questions all the time!

I'm afraid I haven't the foggiest. There's more information leaks out there on the internet that turn out to be the truth than what we would know. Like everyone else, I have to watched the Keynote presentations to know whats being released, imagine the group chats we have that night amongst my colleagues!

You'll then come back at me saying if we didn't know about upcoming products, then how would we fix them.

1. Consider theres what, around 500 Apple Stores around the world, employing say on average 200 people per store, thats a lot of mouths to keep shut.

2. We get released the all the guides, training materials in the first day of release and have to suck it all up asap before the customers do.
    shri likes this.

@Proplus.. Just out of curiosity, does HK Apple store provide services where they unlock iPhone 6 that are locked to certain network carrier overseas (e.g. Sprint, Vodafone, O2 etc)?

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by avengedsevenfold:
    @Proplus.. Just out of curiosity, does HK Apple store provide services where they unlock iPhone 6 that are locked to certain network carrier overseas (e.g. Sprint, Vodafone, O2 etc)?
    No, its not something we don't do, its something we are unable to do. Its all done via requests from the carrier. Once the carrier sends in a request, its updated on the servers. Everytime you restore your phone, it actually access these servers to see if the phone should be locked or unlocked. Strictly speaking, its not something Apple controls, but your carrier because of the contract you've agreed and signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    No, its not something we don't do, its something we are unable to do. Its all done via requests from the carrier. Once the carrier sends in a request, its updated on the servers. Everytime you restore your phone, it actually access these servers to see if the phone should be locked or unlocked. Strictly speaking, its not something Apple controls, but your carrier because of the contract you've agreed and signed.
    Oh I see, thanks for that information. I thought it can be done through any Apple store.

If that's the case, how do people get their locked iPhones unlocked through other means such as websites providing unlocking service?

A lot of these services and software you buy saying it can be done are fakes. In the past, there were ways of circumventing it via Jailbreaking AFAIK, but as mentioned, everytime say you restore or update the iOS, the method would not work.

Just wanted to post this information for anyone who wants to unlock an iPhone 6 or 6+ that's locked to an overseas network provider:

Went to Wan Chai computer centre and found one shop that does it. It's not cheap, costs HK$1600 (that's what the guy said) and takes about 7-14 days. All they need is the network provider and the IMEI number of your iPhone which they will send to Apple for unlocking activation. It's not those "temporary" unlock which does not allow you to update your IOS later.

Furthermore, if it cannot be done, the money will be returned to you in full.

Will check Sin tat as well and compare the prices.