Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 914151617
Like Tree91Likes

Free razor - Feather Popular TTO

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross
    The oneblade uses a blade that is hard to find and quite expensive...of course you can buy the blades from them, but at that point, you might as well go with Gillette cartridges. Just my opinion of course, but part of the appeal using old school razors is having seemingly endless razor blades to choose from at dirt cheap prices.

If you want to try a single edge razor, try a vintage SE razor or one with an injector system.
    You can despine some cheaper blades, but yes, in essence it only works with Feather SE blades, which are about US$10 per pack of 10, which for SE (or DE) blades is super expensive.

I've been using this razor for a few weeks and here is a summary based on a posting I made in another forum:

"Finally got delivered a few before the weekend (I live in HK, so shipping took about 20 days).
    Overall, its OK, just OK.
    Packaging is nice and the product at first glance looks nice and sleek. I however notice the downside of using plastic straightaway. Getting the blade in does result in some scuffs as you can't obviously place it in precisely unless you are a robot and the plastic is a bit soft.
    First shave. Well, took a bit of getting used the the blade angle, wasn't used to that! Took it nice and slow. This is a very very mild shave and extremely forgiving. Also when you do get the angle right, you get some decent audible feedback.
    Downside with that, its not so efficient and noticed that there were clumps of hair that hadn't been trimmed after my first pass. But this could also probably be not to being used to the shaving angle.
    Second pass was a bit better, started getting used to the angle. Again, very mild shave. I did need a third pass, but even then didn't clean everything up.
    So after my first shave I got a decent shave, very mild but did take quite a bit to get there.
    I had enough time over the weekend for a three pass shave. However during work days I normally only have time for a two pass shave (WTG, followed by XTG cheekside and ATG chin side). I tried this this morning with the OneBlade Core. First thing I noticed was the blade had deteriorated since my first shave, but the shave remained mild and forgiving. I was getting better with the blade angle though. However a two pass shave just didn't cut it with this razor, it just wasn't getting a close enough shave to what I'm used to after two passes.
    So overall, this is an OK razor. It is perfect for beginners trying to get away from cartridge razors, but is it worth it for US$50, no not at all. Taking into account the blade cost I really don't think its worth the ongoing price.
    I will probably try to return mine, but am not too sure as it took 20+ days to arrive and not sure if I can meet the 30 day return period (also need to factor in return shipping cost from HK)."

Oneblade have provided an update as to this razor and are tweaking it, as people have found it a bit crap anyway. They are offering free exchanges, but taking into account the shipping costs and shipping times, I may just send it back for a full refund.

Photos from the shop

shri and pin like this.

More photos

shri and pin like this.

so this place is not cheap. In the second photo they had a parker 82R for 369 and it's 220 on amazon (didn't factor shipping).
    I would still buy from them to support a local shop and it's nice to be able to try things and hold them in your hand.

so if you want to see what so DE razors feel like before buying, then try this shop.

They also had a lot of Pomade.

specifically they had some posters for this brand

https://www.uppercutdeluxe.com/us/styles/

I was going to see if I could look like a local Hong Kong rooster and buy some but I wanted to ask the board first.
    Anyone have suggestions on pomade specifically pomade that can also be used for travel? Or it doesn't matter, just get whichever pomade and put whatever small amount you want into a travel sized container?

https://www.layrite.com/blog/pomade-...-first-timers/

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 914151617