Like Tree95Likes

Free razor - Feather Popular TTO

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Free razor - Feather Popular TTO

OK, so here is the deal.

I have a Feather Popular TTO razor. I've used it a few times, it isn't really for me. I bought it for about HK$150. Comes with its case and a couple of sample feather blades. It is a very good starter razor and a quality product, especially for the price.

I am going to give it away for free. Yes, you heard me right, free. I however want it to go to someone who will make proper use of it.

Therefore, if you are interested, can you provide a very brief response explaining why you should deserve this razor.

Anyone who asks, what is "Feather", "Popular", "TTO", "razor" won't be considered [i.e. just use google to figure it out].

Geoexpaters who have a minimum of 100 posts will also only be considered.

I'll decide roughly this time next week who should get the razor. My decision will be final. I'll arrange with the person where they can pick it up (probably somewhere in Central during working hours).

Last edited by pin; 22-04-2015 at 06:15 PM.
    jayinhongkong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    OK, so here is the deal.

I have a Feather Popular TTO razor. I've used it a few times, it isn't really for me. I bought it for about HK$150. Comes with its case and a couple of sample feather blades. It is a very good starter razor and a quality product, especially for the price.

I am going to give it away for free. Yes, you heard me right, free. I however want it to go to someone who will make proper use of it.

Therefore, if you are interested, can you provide a very brief response explaining why you should deserve this razor.

Anyone who asks, what is "Feather", "Popular", "TTO", "razor" won't be considered [i.e. just use google to figure it out].

Geoexpaters who have a minimum of 100 posts will also only be considered.

I'll decide roughly this time next week who should get the razor. My decision will be final. I'll arrange with the person where they can pick it up (probably somewhere in Central during working hours).
    I shave with a DE razor every other day, and I'm itching to try the Popular. I've been thinking about it today because we were talking about them. I'm going to try and pick one up In Okinawa next week, but I don't know if I'll be able to find one! If it doesn't meet my needs, I'll give it away to another wet shaver. I'll give you some razor blades for it if you like
    pin likes this.

Err, a 2nd hand razor.

Even if I was paid I would not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Err, a 2nd hand razor.

You obviously haven't got a clue then.

I like the element of risk when shaving the old ball sack!!

Please arrange shipment ASAP!

bookblogger and jayinhongkong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Err, a 2nd hand razor.

you realise it's the razor and not the blades right?

if it doesn't work out for Jay I'd make use of it.. It would go well with my Feather blades and could be a good way to convince myself to buy the feather all stainless steel razor...
    pin and jayinhongkong like this.

Obviously not that popular (no pun intended).

If no-one else gets back, what about a pass around for both of you guys to try? I'll pass it to Jay first and then he can pass it to Robert.

BTW - Jay - Okinawa, what are you planning on doing there? I'm going in July.

Random comment .... loving the reviews of this beast on various other forums. Blades are like a 10th of Fusion blades (random calculation)..

Must investigate and splurge one of these days...

Shri - technically, yes the blades are cheaper, however it's a whole rabbit warren of stuff from here on in..

You'll want a nice razor ..
    And soap, none of that stuff in a can, maybe some Geo F Trumpers'...
    Then, how to apply the nice soap? no fingers please, get yourself a nice brush..

I've only scratched the surface.

Sure, it can be cheaper, but you will need to apply a liberal dose of self control for that to happen

If you have self control it is much easier. You get a decent razor US$50-90, year's supply of blades for like US$35 (once you figure out the right one, best to use blade test packs for that), decent badger brush US$50, no need to get a really fancy one, and no need to get a bowl as you can go direct to face. Then the main costs are just a couple of tubs of soap and and after shave balm (1-2 tubes/bottles per year). Should be fine with less than US$100/year for pretty good stuff, much cheaper if you want to choose the cheaper stuff.

New replacement blades for a Gillette Mach x costs how much these days? US$20 to last maybe 2 weeks?

Last edited by methosb; 23-04-2015 at 05:25 PM.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast