Like Tree19Likes

Fresh milk

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beuze:
    Normal price is 10 i think but it's UHT milk.

This ducth milk is creamier than the US or New zeleand UHT milk and less sweet.
    For me the Dutch milk taste like milk. US milk taste like chemicals. I always buy a 12pack in PrizeMart. Not sure about the 'normal' price, could have been $11. They are often sold out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Becareful that you arent buying Milk drink as opposed to proper milk.

Read the fine print folks, especially in this town

The two best fresh milks I have found in HK are, Farm Milk & California Sunshine milk. Both been consistent and reasonably priced.
    Yes, that pesky milk drink is everywhere. Hate the stuff. Never tried Farm Milk but after working my way through all the different milk brands in Park n Shop, I found the best fresh milks they sold were California Sunshine and Meiji, with Greenfields acceptable as a back up. Quite often they had deals for 3 for the price of 2 which brought the price down to a less ridiculous level but milk in HK is still expensive compared to a lot of other countries. As for UHT milk, bleurgh!!!!
    Skyhook and rani like this.

No, I dont want any but a curiosity question : Is raw milk available in Hong Kong?
    Is it legal?

Quote Originally Posted by rs2000:
    Hi All

We are a family of 5 and buy fresh milk from Kowloon dairy . It's quite expensive (39$ for 1.5$) and the monthly bill adds up to 3000$ . I was wondering if there is some bulk but option or some cheaper option I have
    I don't want the UHT milk available in supermarket and really want some fresh milk options

Thanks a lot
    Why don't you ask Kowloon Diary if they discount bulk orders? It's in the back of the label. It's still the least expensive for the quality you get.

its all in your head. start reading here Ultra-high-temperature processing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i would never drink anything but UHT milk in Asia due to the high standards of our delivery workers who often leave milk out in summer for extended periods of time. ie, if you can get real fresh milk here.

i would never drink american milk, unless certified organic.

There is nothing australian about greenfields. indonesia has no standards for steroids and antibiotics use for cattle.

California Sunshine is Ultra-Pasteurization, ahem UHT. California Sunshine - FAQs same goes for all american milk

if you like to be stubborn, you can find more of your kind here. http://www.foodrenegade.com/just-say-no-to-uht-milk/

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    My supermarket is consistently jam packed with California Sunshine selling it for $10HKD/L cause no one wants it. The food industry in US treats people like cows.
    dumbdonkey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    Silly comment!

Just think the money you save on steroids and push-up bras!
    Last edited by flameproof; 21-05-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    My supermarket is consistently jam packed with California Sunshine selling it for $10HKD/L cause no one wants it. The food industry in US treats people like cows.
    where is your supermarket, is this a special offer or clearance price?

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Silly comment!

Just think the money you save on steroids and push-up bras!
    could be worse, sanlu and mengliu milk has killed kids in china, yet, they still sell milk products, I suppose the owners of sanlu paid the ultimate penalty with their executions

Only organic milk from Great at $72/L for me. Sometimes I slum it and get the Avalon organic milk for $65/L. Sorry, us rich bankers don't concern ourselves with such piddly details as milk prices.

joke folks, joke.