Like Tree19Likes

Fresh milk

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Silly comment!

Just think the money you save on steroids and push-up bras!
    Name:  xbusted-lindsay-lohan.jpg.pagespeed.ic.CkylYdqT5pTbXfGqWPPP.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  55.8 KB
    how old am I?

Are there are any cow farms in HK? Where does the Fresh Milk come from? Is it really fresh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer:
    Are there are any cow farms in HK? Where does the Fresh Milk come from? Is it really fresh ?
    a very small cow farm near kam tin https://www.google.com.hk/maps/place...7d?hl=en&hl=en

they have a few turtles and a few sheep. i've never seen a cow there. what is your definition of fresh milk. cow's nipple directly to your mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Becareful that you arent buying Milk drink as opposed to proper milk.

Read the fine print folks, especially in this town
    Someone told me that "milk drink" is the legal term for any skimmed milk in Hong Kong - not that it's some sort of milk-based beverage. I'm lactose intolerant so I've only found one brand (Harvey Fresh) that I can use and it's UHT only, so I'm no expert. Just passing on what I was told.

I have been buying Nestle's fresh milk for over 7 years now and I am quite satisfied with it. Though I don't drink milk as much as I used to back home, but I'd drink Nestle's fresh milk happily as it tastes similar to what I'd get from milkman on a daily basis. (He'd remove the milk from his cows/buffaloes every morning at around 4 am and then deliver it to people around 7 am) Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer:
    The milk comes from Farm Milk's farm in China. They import 3,000 liters every morning and then process and package it in their factory in Shek Kong. The aren't any dairy cows in HK.
    Kowloon Dairy's milk comes from China as well.
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 21-05-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    The milk comes from Farm Milk's farm in China. They import 3,000 liters every morning and then process and package it in their factory in Shek Kong. The aren't any dairy cows in HK.
    Kowloon Dairy's milk comes from China as well.
    so they dont bring the cows here during the day for milking and the cows dont go home to sleep in china?
    imparanoic and Rob2020 like this.

Sure they do, just not the dairy kind.

HowardCoombs and dumbdonkey like this.

In the last few months, due to the my missus and I going on a diet, we've started to make smoothies as meal substitutes, so we've recently gone through a lot of low fat milk.

There's a Marketplace directly opposite my flat, so I'm always on the lookout for discounted UHT milk, normally they'll have about 3 months to their expiry date. Last week it was Pura low fat milk for $12 a liter, adjust now I emptied their shelves of True Organics low fat milk as it was on sale at $8 a liter.

Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1450444207.493521.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  380.7 KB

$10 bucks a pack.