Like Tree19Likes

Fresh milk

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Fresh milk

Hi All

We are a family of 5 and buy fresh milk from Kowloon dairy . It's quite expensive (39$ for 1.5$) and the monthly bill adds up to 3000$ . I was wondering if there is some bulk but option or some cheaper option I have
    I don't want the UHT milk available in supermarket and really want some fresh milk options

Thanks a lot

Have you explored the UHT options available? Check out the Jersey (Channel Islands) milk available in 759

Yes, I can read - you asked for fresh, but given we're in HK and you don't way to spend an arm and a leg on milk, I strongly suggest you look more carefully in to UHT options

Having come from Australia, I know the pain/revulsion of going to UHT, you'll get over it

When I lived in Europe, you could only get UHT milk.

BTW I have recently started drinking the Jersey UHT milk from 759. Its nice and creamy. Yum!! Still not as good as the fresh milk you get in the UK, but so far, much better than any of the other milks I've tried in HK.

If you look at the posts in this thread, by Skyhook - https://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/...ad28588-2.html

2008 prices for Farm Milk were $25. Suspect they'd be close to your 39 now, but worth a try - contact info is in his posts..

imparanoic and Howard LeGato like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rs2000:
    Hi All

We are a family of 5 and buy fresh milk from Kowloon dairy . It's quite expensive (39$ for 1.5$) and the monthly bill adds up to 3000$ . I was wondering if there is some bulk but option or some cheaper option I have
    I don't want the UHT milk available in supermarket and really want some fresh milk options

Thanks a lot
    use the coupon milk system at circle k, buy 5th, get the 6th free

why not buy nestle fresh milk at HK$23.5 for 945ml, thus, 6 cartons = 5.6 litres at HK$117.5, thus, HK$19.6 per carton on average

that's cheaper than your fresh milk from dairy farm by approx 40%

We get fresh milk delivered by Farm Milk Co to our home, as do a number of households in the Sai Kung / Tai Po area. Not sure if they deliver to the Island or not.

We are a household of 6 and spend $190hkd per week ( 6 litres ) on fresh milk. Been using this service for about 6 or so years now. No complaints . For more info to see if they will deliver to you, give em a call, details below.

Farm Milk Co Ltd
    78, Lui Kung Tin, Kap Lung Village, Shek Kong, N.T.
    Telephone: 2832 9218
    Fax: 2488 4342

Becareful that you arent buying Milk drink as opposed to proper milk.

Read the fine print folks, especially in this town

The two best fresh milks I have found in HK are, Farm Milk & California Sunshine milk. Both been consistent and reasonably priced.

Rob2020 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    We get fresh milk delivered by Farm Milk Co to our home, as do a number of households in the Sai Kung / Tai Po area. Not sure if they deliver to the Island or not.

We are a household of 6 and spend $190hkd per week ( 6 litres ) on fresh milk. Been using this service for about 6 or so years now. No complaints . For more info to see if they will deliver to you, give em a call, details below.

Farm Milk Co Ltd
    78, Lui Kung Tin, Kap Lung Village, Shek Kong, N.T.
    Telephone: 2832 9218
    Fax: 2488 4342

I can confirm Farm Milk Co. deliver to Mid Levels. We order from them too.
    Skyhook likes this.

Prize-Mart has often Dutch milk, last time it was discounted to $8/L, I think normal price is $13

360 had something from Germany once, I think Oldenberger or so.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Prize-Mart has often Dutch milk, last time it was discounted to $8/L, I think normal price is $13
    Normal price is 10 i think but it's UHT milk.

This ducth milk is creamier than the US or New zeleand UHT milk and less sweet.
    imparanoic likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast