Like Tree8Likes

Good & Chepaer watches in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good & Chepaer watches in HK

Hi

Can anyone recommend good place to buy watches. I need to gift someone and I see watch shops all over but don't really know which one is best and sells original. Any suggestions will be helpful

Thanks

What watch do you wear? Where did you buy that?

If you start googling about watches you will soon realise that your question is "how long is a piece of string!". How much is your budget and what kind of watch do you want? Personally, I like the Seiko shops - they only sell Seiko watches (so guaranteed not fakes) and they have a wide range from cheap to premium. Their website shows locations of their shops.

But plenty of mainstream watch shops are also perfectly fine for getting a real item... if someone tries to sell you a rolex on the street in TST, it's fake! Most shops in decent malls are all fine.

shri and Tom007 like this.

There are plenty of shops in large shopping centres selling fakes to tourists. Personally I would never buy an expensive watch in Hong Kong (or anywhere in Asia ex Japan). I would go to one of these chains, which sell good quality mass produced watches. There are plenty throughout shopping centres.

shri and vickyhk like this.

I need it for gift thats why having hard time deciding brand. There are too many shops which creates confusion and every shop says they sell original.
    Thanks for suggestions i will go and checkout City Chain

if you know what you are buying, you can trust king fook and prince jewellery & watches for good watches.
    if you dont know anything about watches, you'll be cheated anywhere in the world and especially in japan.

Quote Originally Posted by vickyhk:
    I need it for gift thats why having hard time deciding brand. There are too many shops which creates confusion and every shop says they sell original.
    Thanks for suggestions i will go and checkout City Chain
    whats your budget

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    if you know what you are buying, you can trust king fook and prince jewellery & watches for good watches.
    if you dont know anything about watches, you'll be cheated anywhere in the world and especially in japan.
    What do you mean by "you will be cheated"?? Luxury watches is basically a "cheating business". Brands like Omega, Rolex and IWC put a standard US$300 ETA movement on a US$200 dollar case and sell it for US$5,000. If this is cheating then all branded stuff is cheating. Unless you think that an LV bag that you buy for HK$20,000 actually cost HK$20,000 to produce.
    vickyhk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    If you know what you're buying - and it is expensive - do what a friend of mine did - contact the watch manufacturer and ask them for a list of authorised dealers. Email them and see who has something special to offer. If I recall, he was able to negotiate a nice discount on an over the top Breitling (sp?) watch.

All of us were dismayed that he could now be located if he was stranded in a remote spot, inaccessible via all known forms of communication.
    wtbhotia and vickyhk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Liked:
    What do you mean by "you will be cheated"?? Luxury watches is basically a "cheating business". Brands like Omega, Rolex and IWC put a standard US$300 ETA movement on a US$200 dollar case and sell it for US$5,000.
    Any evidence to back that up?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast