Cheap road bikes?

Cheap road bikes?

Does anyone know where I can purchase a cheap road bike? More specifically, probably one that doesn't have a brand and costs around $1000? Most of the shops I know only sell branded ones that costs $10k.

1K is likely to get you a slightly-above-terrible generic mountain bike. I have never seen dedicated road bikes for that little, new.

You could try 28bike.com for secondhand, and see if someone is trying to offload a bike they no longer use for cheap.

Even if you did manage to find a new roadbike for that cheap, I would be really hesitant to use it. Larger diameter wheels, super skinny tyres and higher riding speeds all translate into requiring a decent quality machine for safety. If you really are limited to 1K, get a hybrid or a mountain bike where precision machining and build quality isn't quite so important.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    1K is likely to get you a slightly-above-terrible generic mountain bike. I have never seen dedicated road bikes for that little, new.

You could try 28bike.com for secondhand, and see if someone is trying to offload a bike they no longer use for cheap.

Even if you did manage to find a new roadbike for that cheap, I would be really hesitant to use it. Larger diameter wheels, super skinny tyres and higher riding speeds all translate into requiring a decent quality machine for safety. If you really are limited to 1K, get a hybrid or a mountain bike where precision machining and build quality isn't quite so important.
    Yeah maybe I was being too cheap with the price

But you get my point, thanks for telling me about that site, will check it out