Like Tree23Likes

USA Forwarding Service to Hong Kong - Buying from Amazon

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Question USA Forwarding Service to Hong Kong - Buying from Amazon

Hi

I am buying a product from USA - Amazon and want to have it shipped to Hong Kong. I searched online for companies and the more reputable ones like Borderlinx, Comgateway etc. are charging close to 50USD for a package about a kg - prohibitively expensive.

Does anyone have local recommendations. I see websites like shipbao.com and go2usa.com.hk that looks they are more reasonable at around 40 HKD but since their website is in chinese, and translating via google makes the english hard to comprehend.

Any such recommendation and experience?

thanks

Last edited by john.doe1985; 19-08-2015 at 11:33 PM. Reason: typo

There's some other threads with this information and a good recommendation. I can't remember the name of the service they suggested, but try searching the forums. Maybe someone will remember and say?

thanks already did a search but all such posts and recommendations are 2-3 years old and don't see the new kids on the block - esp. the local or chinese ones

I use MyUS.com and they have been very reliable so far - can't complain about the service.

If you have an American Express, they often offer free memberships with MyUS that get you a fee waiver and discounted shipping rates.

I hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by john.doe1985:
    thanks already did a search but all such posts and recommendations are 2-3 years old and don't see the new kids on the block - esp. the local or chinese ones
    Really? I posted about my experiences using a certain service less than a year ago. Go search. If you can't find, I'll post the link.

BTW some items can now be shipped directly with amazon.com (at a cost) using their global shipping service, but your mileage may vary.

Use a consolidator such as BUYandSHIP 24HKD/Ibs

shri likes this.

Used myus.com
    Reliable and easy to use
    But expensive

For single orders, not consolidation, USADirect is a better deal than all the consolidators I looked up (a year ago). This was true for up to at least three items--because even though it theoretically saves you money, a consolidation (and their shipping rate) is damn expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Really? I posted about my experiences using a certain service less than a year ago. Go search. If you can't find, I'll post the link.

BTW some items can now be shipped directly with amazon.com (at a cost) using their global shipping service, but your mileage may vary.
    I posted this year. Something to the effect of my experience with USADirect being suboptimal.

I had some very poor experiences with Borderlinx

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast