Like Tree9Likes

Fortress & Broadway alternatives

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    Believe it or not, there's actually some room for bargaining from Fortress & Broadway.

I certainly won't claim them to be the cheapest stores, but then your Mom & Pop store likely won't take credit card either. If you factor in credit card rebates, and bonus cash back often offered at the two chains (for certain major credit cards) - then it becomes a no brainer.

My local store here might charge $100-200 less for a washing machine (paid in cash), but i'd easily get that back using my credit card at Broadway.
    My local colleagues helped to bargain few moths ago for a new Notebook, they offer me supermarket coupon as undertable offer =) but not sure if the offer is still available

Go for Fortress or Broadway, they might charge a bit more, but they are hassle-free, and you usually get a bunch of free gifts on top.

ballyball likes this.

For TVs, try AVLife a alternative. In general, go to price.com.hk as they are usually cheaper. I did for my dehumidifiers but that was because the high street stores did not carry the model I wanted. Admittedly, that is a pain for people without Chinese language skills. That said, there have been many instances where Broadway and Fortress offer specials that make them the no-brainer (eg last year I posted about the LG OLED tv being on sale there).

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocs:
    Go for Fortress or Broadway, they might charge a bit more, but they are hassle-free, and you usually get a bunch of free gifts on top.
    actually try asking them is there any discount, they might charge you few hundred dollars less

Electric Tung sell some stuff cheaper than Broadway/Fortress:

電器通 ElectricTung-www.electrictung.com-香港電器資訊平台-電器直銷批發

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by ballyball:
    actually try asking them is there any discount, they might charge you few hundred dollars less
    Ask for a discount at Fortress, they usually give 10% off.

Sunying (sp.?) is also an option, and for us it worked out 3k cheaper for our tv than Fortress or Broadway.

The big box stores sometimes do have good deals with credit card companies that brings down their prices or offers additional freebies if you cannot find alternative suppliers

Recently a friend of mine bought a TV which is priced at $7-8K on price.com.hk but $11K+ at Broadway. He is not familiar with the shops on price.com.hk so he went to Broadway and asked the salesman there to match the price. He finally got some supermarket coupons and other free stuff including a nice sound bar and some other useless items. He said the sound bar and supermarket coupons are worth around $2k. So for you guys from overseas, try this approach and get better deals from Broadway and Fortress.

Last edited by shri; 26-01-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by james_hklocal:
    Recently a friend of mine bought a TV which is priced at $7-8K on price.com.hk but $11K+ at Broadway. He is not familiar with the shops on price.com.hk so he went to Broadway and asked the salesman there to match the price. He finally got some supermarket coupons and other free stuff including a nice sound bar and some other useless items. He said the sound bar and supermarket coupons are worth around $2k. So for you guys from overseas, try this approach and get better deals from Broadway and Fortress.
    Recently, I went to look at TVs at broadway. Found some nice ones. Decided to go for chocolate cake instead. Save me thousands of dollars. That was some good fxcking cake I tell you.