Like Tree21Likes

Shoe Care - Recrafting replacing cork

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Shoe Care - Recrafting replacing cork

Hi

Does anyone know if or where they recraft shoes in Hong Kong? by recraft, I mean replace not just the sole, heel, but also the cork. It's almost just having the uppers returned to you with everything else new.

I'm asked a few cobblers on Peddler and either something was lost in translation or they only did resole.

The guy underneath the midlevels escalator, just beneath Hollywood road is very good.
    I get him to do all my shoe work, good english and reasonably priced.
    He is very busy though (a good sign), so you may need to wait a bit for your job to be completed

Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1442238018.612955.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  866.5 KBthis guy?

So I went to this guy and he was 2x as expensive as the peddler street fellows. Will see how the shoe turns out

Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    So I went to this guy and he was 2x as expensive as the peddler street fellows. Will see how the shoe turns out
    Yes, that's the guy

Not cheap - but worth every penny - I've had some of my shoes "refreshed" more than once by him, extending their life by ... who knows how long

let us know what you think of the results on your shoes
    jgl likes this.

How much for just replacing leather sole and heel?

Everything is a la carte

Just the leather sole is 950

The heel depends on which one you choose. Say a Goodyear heel and that is 230

Then more if you want vibram topy taps etc

btw, he doesn't recommend the vibrams... nothing wrong with them, but he has another brand which he says is better (I forget the name..)

Wow, $950 for a sole is really expensive. You should be able to get a complete re-sole, including heel, leather - for under $500 at those two cobblers in alleyway beside A&F. If you want to replace the inner liner, this will be extra but not that much more. The Topy rubber outer should be around $95 extra as well, but get them to throw it in if you are doing a complete resole.

Read the OP, he's already been to that allyway and can't get the work done.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast