The Milk is gone. Why is the milk gone?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Interestingly no - we actually don't walk past any sort of convenience store or supermarket on our normal commute (I did have to think hard about that one .. ) there is a 7-11 just off it though. I do know guys can be trained, but it is really hard work and takes years.....I wish their Mother's did a better job at an early age!
    You do know we only pretend to be completely useless?

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    Yes, ok, I know, because of the melanin scandal.

Melanin
    is the pigment that makes your skin brown. Darker people have more melanin. The milk had melamine in it.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:

Why yes, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:

Melanin
    is the pigment that makes your skin brown. Darker people have more melanin. The milk had melamine in it.
    Hey, we've found a new chemical to poison our milk with. Instead of kidney stones you baby will already look sun-tanned

Actually I tried melanine originally and then had the spell checker convince me

PDLM, thanks, then there is hope. I hope your Wellcome has no exclusive supply from NZ. My "office" is a desk in a former lab room that serves as office for all TAs, no fridge that isn't used for things either radioactive or flammable.

MovingIn07, I think I remember one post where you said you had only one income in your household.... So you bring in the money _and_ the milk? Who is training whom here....?

PDLM, thanks, then there is hope. I hope your Wellcome has no exclusive supply from NZ. My "office" is a desk in a former lab room that serves as office for all TAs, no fridge that isn't used for things either radioactive or flammable.
    Well they are listing it on the website for delivery so I guess it's widely available. It's packaged under their own "First Choice" brand - skimmed or full fat, 250ml or 1 litre.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Funnily enough that had crossed my mind .. but then I realised that my hubby has a PhD in theoretical physicals so realised all his braincells are focussed on work and he has none left for practical matters!

MovingIn07, I think I remember one post where you said you had only one income in your household.... So you bring in the money _and_ the milk? Who is training whom here....?
    you have a point! he does work sometimes actually, just not on a permenant basis.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Funnily enough that had crossed my mind .. but then I realised that my hubby has a PhD in theoretical physicals so realised all his braincells are focussed on work and he has none left for practical matters!
    No he is a man so a large part of his brain if focused on something far less academic

A lady at Parknshop called me to let me know that they are not having Paul's milk come in for a while (I had some back ordered) so she told me they could give me Anchor from New Zealand for the big UHT pack, but I needed the 250 ml pack, so she sold Dutch Maid (Holland) to me instead. I think they are just having problems in their supply chain all around.