Like Tree20Likes

Vanguard has some excellent priced tesco items and some branches renamed as U Select

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Who ever decided on the marketing and advertising should be re-assiged to different job, Clearly, I don't recall any adverts about this in standard or expat orientated sites

I don't recall seeing any such products in the Vanguard in Quarry Bay Westlands Road. Anyone been there lately?

My local Vanguard is full of Tesco products, but they're all Polish and Hungarian.

Not news really, I'm sure another poster brought up Vanguard sold Tesco branded stuff at least a few months back, which led me to find my local branch.

Quote Originally Posted by klan8456:
    I don't recall seeing any such products in the Vanguard in Quarry Bay Westlands Road. Anyone been there lately?
    No, it's not changed but if you head across the road to Bo Fung Yuen, there is a uSelect
    imparanoic likes this.

I just asked vanguard staff what's the difference and rebranding

U Select caters diversity, multi cultural, international tastes, hence, high proportion of imported tesco products

Vanguard has limited tesco range and caters for local Market

When Vanguard was called CRC Shop, all it sold was noodles, flattened ducks and ingredients for Chinese soup, so they are making a big push to compete with Wellcome and ParknShop.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    When Vanguard was called CRC Shop, all it sold was noodles, flattened ducks and ingredients for Chinese soup, so they are making a big push to compete with Wellcome and ParknShop.
    probably, in their early days, they may have sold pre-packed chickens feet, chickens kidney and duck necks ( which hk people don't eat as snacks, that's why you don't see them in 7-11 or circle k in HK, but you do in mainland ones) like in the mainland supermarkets like they do in the mainland.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

[nostalgic trip] Asia Provisions would have the odd strange 'foreign' item on its shelves. Mind you, you often had to blow off the dust to check the sell-by date before buying. [/nostalgic trip]

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 11-12-2015 at 11:42 AM.
    bookblogger and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    [nostalgic trip] Asia Provisions would have the odd strange 'foreign' item on its shelves. Mind you, you often had to blow off the dust to check the sell-by date before buying. [/nostalgic trip]
    Do you have any engravings of tea chests being unloaded at the wharf?
    imparanoic likes this.