Like Tree19Likes

iHerb - Free Delivery via SF Express

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

iHerb - Free Delivery via SF Express

Went to restock my cookies, dog treats and magnesium on iHerb and noticed that they're offering free shipping via SF Express on orders over $40 for upto 20lbs.

SF Express New! Free for orders over $40.00! No duties and taxes, with tracking available. Orders up to 20 lbs. Usually takes 2-5 days

• New to iHerb? Click here, You get a US$ 5.00 and I get enough of a reward to some cookies and dog treats.

Shamelessly addicted to these Dark Chocolate & Oats Granola Cookies , Fontera Jalapeno Salsa and Calbee, Snapea Crisps - highly recommended!
    Last edited by shri; 01-01-2016 at 08:09 AM.
    Rob2020, Khema and 7jai like this.

Wow this is great news! Thanks for the heads up!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Doing a large-ish order with iHerb. Slightly reluctant to use SF Express, based on recent experience. On the other hand... free...

About 75% of my more recent experiences with SF have not been smooth (get slapped with a residential charge, or I get call from the delivery guy who is outside my door but can't speak any English so he decides to return the parcel to the depot without bothering to leave a note).

I'm personally fine with paying the small charge for DHL because they are almost freakishly competent and have a usable tracking system. I usually call them when the package hits HK and tell them to deliver at night time after 8pm and they are very easy to talk to.

@jgl - I agree on the DHL part. No problems with SF as such, as we are in an industrial area and they use the street below our office to sort the packages (not to mention that they do a fair few deliveries for us, so the couriers know us).

SF - 10-12 days in my experience, DHL - 3 or 4 days.

Seen some rumblings on the interwebs about SF taking too long to deliver.

- Seems to be true for remote and residential areas.
    - Office / commercial / industrial areas, no problems. Ordered about $350(HK) worth of goodies on Saturday night. Delivered to me in the office by 4PM on Wednesday.
    - iHerb continues to give a 10% loyalty credit - generous, considering I pay for the bulk of my purchases using credits accumulated through you folks buying from the link above. Happy dog, happy human.

• New to iHerb? Click here, You get a US$ 5.00 and I get enough of a reward to some cookies and dog treats.
    Last edited by shri; 21-04-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I've found SF Express takes about 5 days to deliver to the office, which is not located in the sticks. This is with iHerb and another US-based retailer.

FYI - This is what my tracking looks like. Our office is about 20 mts away from the SF's dump / sort location in Wong Chuk Hang. However, I suspect the timing of the order might have something to do with it - I'd imagine SF has limited flights out from the US, compared to DHL / UPS etc.

It takes five working days for us too.

I used SF Express for my taobao shopping and it's damn fast, crossing the HK<>SZ border takes no time at all and it looks as though the main SF centres work 24hrs

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast