Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Poor online shopping experience with Fishpond

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    703

    Just use Amazon...even with shipping works out far cheaper. Plus much more variety and better quality goods.


  2. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4

    Haha, I finally found one spam mail from fishpond telling me to click a link for a missing parcel claim. However the following appears in the link:

    Missing Parcel Claim
    You do not have any orders that could be submitted as lost in mail.


  3. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tsim Sha Tsui
    Posts
    3,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonyyw
    Haha, I finally found one spam mail from fishpond telling me to click a link for a missing parcel claim. However the following appears in the link:

    Missing Parcel Claim
    You do not have any orders that could be submitted as lost in mail.
    I'm guessing that was not spam and was a legitimate email informing you that your parcel could not be delivered (as probably no one home), and by the time you found it and the link had already expired.
    traineeinvestor likes this.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonyyw
    I made payment through paypal and I have got no news from them after having made a request for refund from paypal for almost a week.
    There is a fixed Paypal procedure for such cases. They will not send you 'news', it's an automated process that will get automatically transfer the funds back to you.

    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...complaint-view
    Last edited by flameproof; 20-01-2016 at 09:52 PM.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    190

    Ordered some Corelle crockery from fishpond 14 Feb. No tracking info update. Sent email yesterday to be told my order was cancelled because it was flagged as potential fraud. No notifications before I asked. STAY AWAY from this scam.


  6. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna
    Ordered some Corelle crockery from fishpond 14 Feb. No tracking info update. Sent email yesterday to be told my order was cancelled because it was flagged as potential fraud. No notifications before I asked. STAY AWAY from this scam.
    How is it a scam if they refused the transaction?

    If it was a scam, they would have charged you and not delivered.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    233

    FWIW, I have never had a problem with Fishpond. With one exception everything I have ordered turned up in perfect condition and within the expected time frame. The one order which didn't turn up was replaced after a short exchange of e-mails - no drama at all.

    The one thing I don't like about Fishpond is an update they made to their system a few years ago which made it impossible to order gift certificates from Hong Kong.

    Taobao, on the other hand, is a continuing source of frustration.


  8. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    How is it a scam if they refused the transaction?

    If it was a scam, they would have charged you and not delivered.
    Well pain in the ar*e then. I placed a very simple order with delivery to local residential address. Same recipient name and address as what is registered for the credit card I used. I have absolutely no idea what made them think some fraud might be involved. I am angry because they did not inform me that there was a problem. I waited patiently for two weeks but no any status updates in my order details. I had to contact them to find out they had cancelled my order. And they have not given me any explanation at all what triggered the fraud suspicion. They actually asked me to provide them a utility bill showing my name and address as proof, if I wanted to place the same order again. WTF?

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2