Hybrid dehumidifier

Closed Thread

Hybrid dehumidifier

Hi all,

I understand the Pros or Cons of Compressor dehumidifier and Desiccant dehumidifier. Hybrid dehumidifier is their combination but I couldn't find technical documents about how it works and its benefit for integrating their technologies in one dehumidifier. Please help. Pointer would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards
    satimis

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Hi,

Thanks for your advice and link which is the same as;
    Hybrid Dehumidification - Combination of Desiccant & Compressor
    - Dehumidifier
    KDK Website

These 2 companies, KDK and Panasonic, are currently manufacturing and marketing Hybrid Dehumidifiers.

I expect understanding its working technology, not just ".... the working principles of compressor type and desiccant type dehumidifier, select the dehumidifying mode automatically in accordance with the environment...."

How it works?

I also found;
    What makes the MSP Hybrid solution unique?
    MSP® Hybrid Dehumidification Technology | MSP Technology

Hybrid (Desiccant + Conventional) Dehumidification Air
    Conditioning: A Less Exploited Technology
    http://www.ijrmet.com/vol32/karnvir.pdf

But no detail working principle has been described.

I expect clarifying its technology before placing an order for its purchase. Thanks.

Regards
    satimis

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Hi,

Thanks for your advice and link which is the same as;
    Hybrid Dehumidification - Combination of Desiccant & Compressor
    - Dehumidifier
    KDK Website

These 2 companies, KDK and Panasonic, are currently manufacturing and marketing Hybrid Dehumidifiers.

I expect understanding its working technology, not just ".... the working principles of compressor type and desiccant type dehumidifier, select the dehumidifying mode automatically in accordance with the environment...."

How it works?

I also found;
    What makes the MSP Hybrid solution unique?
    MSP® Hybrid Dehumidification Technology | MSP Technology

Hybrid (Desiccant + Conventional) Dehumidification Air
    Conditioning: A Less Exploited Technology
    http://www.ijrmet.com/vol32/karnvir.pdf

I expect clarifying its technology before placing an order for its purchase. Thanks.

Regards
    satimis

Quote Originally Posted by satimis:
    Hi,

KDK and Panasonic are for all practical purposes the same company, if you're just buying a dehumidifier, fan, whatever.

I have a standard compressor model, and a hybrid model of roughly the same size. The hybrid sucks more power and is also more effective.

There's something to be said for understanding what you are buying, and I also read up about this stuff before purchase. But I do think you're overthinking this. Compressors are easy to understand. The desiccant approach is pretty straightforward. Do you really need a diagram that shows how the two work together?
    Last edited by jgl; 05-03-2016 at 11:47 PM.

Hi jgl,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand the working prinicple of both compressor dehumidifier and desiccant dehumifier. Hybrid dehumifier is a combination of both in construction. The debumidifier will select the dehumidifying mode automatically in accordance with the environment. I'm interested to learn how this function will be operated switching between compressor and desiccant mode?

Regards
    satimis

It would make the most sense (considering efficiency) for the compressor to work when humidity is high, and the chemical dessicant to be used when the compressor mode is struggling due to already reasonable levels of humidity.