Like Tree6Likes

Where to buy a used Canon 70d?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to buy a used Canon 70d?

Any leads?

You can get a body on price for 5k....I'd love to get one for a lot less...it will be used for video only so shutter-count not much of a concern....

Mongkok

Try sim city there's quite a few sellers there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dashwood:
    Any leads?

You can get a body on price for 5k....I'd love to get one for a lot less...it will be used for video only so shutter-count not much of a concern....
    Be ware that for video recording the Canon 70d will automatically stop at 29mins and 30secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Be ware that for video recording the Canon 70d will automatically stop at 29mins and 30secs.
    Yeah...better than my d5000 that stops at 5 minutes...

To be honest...I'm still stuck as to what to buy.

I'm happy with my d5000 for stills...in fact, I rarely use it as I tend to go for my phone...now I'm making YouTube videos and everyone says the 70d is the way to go....maybe a handycam makes more sense...but then the lighting becomes more of an issue indoors...

They're taking the piss...you can get them new on price for the same money...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dashwood:
    Yeah...better than my d5000 that stops at 5 minutes...

To be honest...I'm still stuck as to what to buy.

I'm happy with my d5000 for stills...in fact, I rarely use it as I tend to go for my phone...now I'm making YouTube videos and everyone says the 70d is the way to go....maybe a handycam makes more sense...but then the lighting becomes more of an issue indoors...
    We just used a 5 year old Sony Handycam .... can't remember the model to shoot at the HKEF. It'll depend on how dark it is you are shooting indoors with.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    We just used a 5 year old Sony Handycam .... can't remember the model to shoot at the HKEF. It'll depend on how dark it is you are shooting indoors with.
    I've got an old handycam, Sony...in saying that, I think it's rather old...like maybe 10 years old...what kind of videos were you doing?

I want to record myself doing lessons for teacher training and also playing guitar....me singing and playing and demonstrating various ways to use songs and guitar for teaching....

What's the reason for NOT taking videos with a phone?

imparanoic likes this.

Sony Stereo Microphone STM10 - Silver | eBay

Personally, as you require clear And well defined sound/vocals within your video,b if you have a recent Sony Xperia phone, I would recommend this semi professional dual microphone for recording, you can even record in 4k with Sony Xperia z2, z3, Z5. phone as well

More importantly, with a phone. So much easier to send to email, or via Whatsapp. Or Facebook than dslr camera unless the latest one with WiFi

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast