• 1 Post By jodders
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By MandM!
  • 1 Post By MandM!

Universal controller for air con unit

Closed Thread

Universal controller for air con unit

hi guys,
    my old Totalline air con unit remote controller has stopped working . I went to the shop and they said they no longer stock the unit which is what I expected . i have seen online that I can get a universal remote from places like Amazon .

is there anywhere in Hong Kong where I can pick one up ?

thanks
    jon

you can send email to these guys [email protected] with a picture of your existing remote and they will send you a price back. My daiken remote died and they sent me quote for a universal one for 250 and a second hand daiken remote for 280.

I went online and bought a universal one for HK$129 for express shipping from banggood.

CHUNGHOP K-1028E Universal LCD A/C Remote Control For Air Condition - US$3.99

jodders likes this.

I use the Sure app on Android which controls Air con or anything you need.

Alternatively you can find used remote controls for sale in Sham Shui Po exit A2. Walk along the hawker Street.

jodders likes this.

Gents,
    geoexpats have saved the day , if you are near central and around for a beer , do look me up !

I downloaded the sure App on my android phone and it worked a charm . I have also emailed the address given as I will need a remote control for the house as elderly people here don't have an android phone .

Thanks very much for your help!

best
    jon

MandM! likes this.

Wait a second ... not all android phones have a infrared output ... or am I seriously missing something???
    @jodders - feel free to buy a random geoexpatter a drink today in Kennedy town.

Works great at restaurants too when the air con is off or on :-p

Adjust to your liking.

Also use to change TV channels and volume.

jodders likes this.

@shri when i am in Kennedy town, I will drop you a PM then. Kennedy town has some cool bars and restaurants. Note some Android phones have IR receivers (Samsung, HTC etc). Some of the budget.low cost Android phones don't have them.

@jodders - I'm hardly ever in KT. Was just making a suggestion as we've got a Happy hour this evening @ ShoreDitch in KT.