Like Tree33Likes

Amazon counterfeits?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Just watched a WSJ investigative report on Amazon counterfeits. Over 10,000 pieces on Amazon found to be unsafe for children, once reported they were removed, sometimes, and often the same seller relisted them. Amazon compliance and safety team was overruled on removing unsafe items as Amazon only cares about the number of items available on the marketplace. Some children were hospitalized for unsafe counterfeit toys.

Also over the years, Amazon used to have about 2% of items sold by third party sellers. Now it is more than 60%.

Amazon is shipping expired food, from baby formula to old beef jerky, scaring consumers and putting big brands at risk
    From baby formula and coffee creamer to beef jerky and granola bars, items are arriving spoiled and well past their sell-by date, Amazon customers say. Interviews with brands, consumers, third-party sellers and consultants all point to loopholes in Amazon's technology and logistics system that allow for expired items to proliferate with little to no accountability.

I guess I should be selling my AMZN and buying BABA eh?

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    I guess I should be selling my AMZN and buying BABA eh?
    Because people are more aware they are only selling fakes?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    Because people are more aware they are only selling fakes?
    People have been aware for ages ... there are entire facebook and other social media groups dedicated to listing and supporting "quality" merchants on Ali / Taobao etc.

Was just being snarky - given that baba is cheap and a rather low quality replica.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Was surprised to visit AliExpress and see Rolex branded fakes promoted on their landing page. I guess they’ve given up any pretense of stopping fakes and decided to chase the market. The watches feature Rolex branded mechanical movements and even the anti-counterfeit laser engraved crown on the crystal. LOL

Name:  772F696E-370A-4875-854A-E2F31F0136C7.jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  369.9 KB

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7