Like Tree36Likes

Amazon counterfeits?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Because people are more aware they are only selling fakes?
    People have been aware for ages ... there are entire facebook and other social media groups dedicated to listing and supporting "quality" merchants on Ali / Taobao etc.

Was just being snarky - given that baba is cheap and a rather low quality replica.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

mrgoodkat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    That was informative, yet annoying. Kinda surprised that even the Walmart stuff was fake.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    That was informative, yet annoying. Kinda surprised that even the Walmart stuff was fake.
    I assume it is their third party sellers on the platform? Including aliexpress was amusing...
    Last edited by shri; 22-02-2020 at 09:08 PM.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Fakes definitely sold on Amazon although mostly through marketplace sellers and usually from China. However, I have also bought a supposedly genuine Samsung cable that was sold by Amazon. I tried writing a review 2x and both times they refused to post it. Some fufilled by Amazon items from reputable companies like Anker, Pluggable etc. are real. Its mostly unscrupulous vendors based in China who see fleecing Americans as an OK think to do. They have no moral compass IMO.

Similar BS goes on with AliExpress. Bought what turned out to be a fake battery that was also damaged. Seller refused to remedy until it was signaled even if necessary outside the scrope of AliExpress' process it would be in thier best interests to do the right thing.

Last edited by RMDNC; 22-02-2020 at 10:36 PM.

Amazon is a platform that makes their money by taking a haircut from every transaction - both buyer and seller. What a fantastic model that has been used by the Gig economy. Creating value where there was no value to begin with.

The global market would benefit from having a truly free platform with strong trust and credibility for participants. Otherwise, platforms such as Amazon/ Ebay will continue to help those with questionable ethics make money mafia style - i.e. quid pro quo capitalism

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7